Prologue

Jungkook ran steadily on his feet through the swaying ship as the water crashed against its sides. His eyes enlarged as he ran down the pitch black halls of the ship after his target: the pilot. The man’s heavy breathing was noticeable as it echoed off the walls and into Jungkook’s ears. A smirk appeared on Jungkook’s lips as he knew he was starting to slow down. Jungkook was younger and more fit than the pilot, he knew he would be able to tackle the man down, but he was putting up a mighty fight.

Before they were playing this game of cat and mouse, Jungkook confronted the man while he was behind the steering wheel. They got into a little hasty fight and the man attacked Jungkook before escaping out of the door. He hoped Yoongi, his partner, was having an easier time with his target.

The nightly festival was being held on the deck, where Yoongi was with his target. Everyone was out on the deck enjoying the music, eating food, dancing, and socializing. Only a few people stayed in their room to sleep or they just didn’t want to be involved with the crowd of people out there. With all of this commotion going on, it was the perfect time to go after their targets.

Jungkook could easily take his gun from his holster and point it at the man’s head and shoot, causing for a quick and easy death. Then his mission would be over, but firing the gun would be heard from the few people that stood in their rooms and faintly from the deck, and that could cause unwanted problems.

Jungkook didn’t want his target’s death to be quick anyway, he wanted the man to suffer and feel every little aspect of pain inflicted by him. Jungkook didn’t consider himself as a violent or hateful person. He was just the opposite of that except for when it came down to his job.

Usually Jungkook didn’t feel this way about his targets, such strong emotions. But what these men were doing was disgusting to Jungkook. The duo would pick an unlucky target that decided to go on the cruise to get away for a little bit from their land life and enjoy life on the ocean.

They had certain standards of the girls they picked. Yoongi was up to par to those standards and he made sure they noticed him so he would be their next target.

The pilot’s partner would seduce the girl, make her feel comfortable around him, girls could be so oblivious to a man’s real purpose some times. Then he’d slip a date-rape drug into her drink to take advantage of her. After that, they would sell them off to whoever bid the highest amount of money once they got back on land. On top of that, they were suspected to be selling drugs overseas, all while they had passengers aboard.

Jungkook could care less about the drugs, it was a common thing and it didn’t faze him. But he felt his heart crumble up like a piece of paper when he found out they were kidnapping and selling girls. Other units of his organization were already finding the missing girls. But not all of them were able to be found alive or they had such severe injuries that they died while being hospitalized.  

That crumpled up piece of paper was then lit up by a match. The edges blacking first by the fiery blue yellow transparent flame before slowly engulfing the rest of the paper. Even though it was Jungkook’s job to catch and kill people that did illegal and dirty things and he heard a lot of terrible things people did to each other, it still somehow managed to surprise him. It made him more disgusted in humanity when his target list got longer and all the longer different reasons why they were his targets.

At the end of the day, blood was on his hands with no remorse or guilt. Did that make Jungkook any better than his targets? He was killing them for a reason, for the bad they have done. But was he truly helping just by killing them? After he gets rid of one another one pops up. It’s like an endless cycle. A cycle Jungkook could never defeat. The thought always crept into Jungkook’s mind when he didn’t want to think about it. He’d like to think he was still helping in some way even though he couldn’t clean the whole world from it’s bad and evil.