Chapter 1| A Plan

We can plan as much as we want, but it doesn't mean it's a full proof plan. In fact, no plan is. We're just lucky it worked or the problem was an easy one to solve anyway.

✴✴✴

Yoongi was sitting down in a booth with dark red leather seats inside an empty restaurant. It was late in the evening and the restaurant was already closed, earlier than usual. He felt himself sinking into the seat as the soft foam material made an imprint of his body. His white earphones that were tangled at the end, he was too lazy to be bothered with trying to fix it, filled his ears with music. His senses left him as he closed his eyes and let the rhythm engulf him.

He raised his glass from the wooden table and let it touch his chapped lips. Tilting it back, the cold bubbly fizzy liquid ran on his tongue, sour and sweet hitting his taste buds all at once, and down to his throat. The feeling of the cold liquid hitting the bottom of his stomach made him come back to his senses.

"Yoongi."

Yoongi could hear a faint voice that was trying to invade the loud music that was blasting into his ears.

"Bitch!"

Now, Yoongi heard that word perfectly. The word was followed by a smack to the back of his head, causing Yoongi to lurch forward and him spitting his drink out.

"What the fuck?" Yoongi said as he turned around, wiping the liquid dripping from his chin with his sleeve.

He was met with Taehyung's sharp crisp light blue eyes that looked like crystals. His darker blonde hair curled up at the ends and fell above his dark thick eyelashes. His skin was practically glowing, but he always looked like that.

"I can hear your emo music all the way from the counter," Taehyung said.

Yoongi fiddled with his phone to turn off the music and then yanking his earphones from his ear. He felt slightly embarrassed to have been caught unwinding to his playlist of 'emo music'.

Yoongi looked back at Taehyung, his eyebrow raised. "Emo music?"

"Yeah, that's what they call music that has screaming and angry or depressing lyrics in it, right?"

Yoongi felt his face heat up. Taehyung had heard the type of music he was listening to pretty well and perhaps even the lyrics which made Yoongi feel even worse.

"Uh . . . no. It's called heavy metal," Yoongi corrected, tilting his glass side to side as he watched the icy translucent squares that were slowly melting move around in the clear liquid.

"I didn't know you liked that kind of music. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised," Taehyung said.

Yoongi's dark brown eyes met up with Taehyung's vivid blue ones. "You think it's weird?"

Yoongi was usually outspoken, bold, and didn't care about what others thought or said. The way Yoongi was acting was unusual to Taehyung.

"No. I'm all for listening to different genres of music." Taehyung's eyes drifted to the bubbly clear liquid in Yoongi's glass. "What are you drinking?"

Taehyung, who expected Yoongi to name off some alcoholic beverage that he nabbed from the kitchen, was surprised by his answer and almost laughed.

"Sparkling water."

"Enough chit-chat. I don't know if you already forgot, but we have a meeting to attend to. It's the whole point why we closed early."

Taehyung and Yoongi turned around to see Jimin, which Yoongi referred to as a strawberry because of his red hair.