Chapter 20| Take Aim

Sohyun walked out of her room, wearing the t-shirt and shorts that she slept in, her hair pulled back into a ponytail. She walked into the kitchen, chills running through her body from walking barefooted on the wood flooring. Taking one more glancing at the text messages on her phone from Taehyung, she shut her phone off and set it on the counter as she rummaged through the fridge for something to eat. It was already lunchtime and she skipped breakfast from sleeping in and then replying to the text messages from Taehyung for the rest of the time she was awake. Sohyun quickly found out that Taehyung really liked talking. A lot. Apparently seeing each other at work wasn’t enough. Sohyun didn’t mind though. She missed having those kind of friendships.

The restaurant was closed today. Everyone had their day off planned out, expect for Sohyun and Taehyung who were lazing around for the day, soaking in the Saturday afternoon. 

After eyeing her fridge for several minutes that desperately needed to be restocked, she grabbed some leftover rice and pork that she made for dinner last night. Putting it in a bowl, she heated it up in the microwave. She grabbed a pair of chopsticks, laying it across the bowl, and her phone before walking over to her living room. Sohyun sat on the edge of the couch with her legs crisscrossed, placing a couch pillow on her lap. She read the messages that Taehyung flooded her with, texting him back as she ate her food. Sohyun occasionally chuckled from something he sent, causing a permanent smile on her face.

Sohyun sat her bowl on the small table beside the couch once she finished eating. About to reply back to Taehyung, her phone screen suddenly flashed to a calling screen. Her smile grew as she read the caller ID. The icon displaying a picture of Jungkook’s side profile in the night sky, his defined jaw and skin glistening in the moonlight. His lips glossy and rosy, his hair blowing over his pure face. A picture that Sohyun not so secretly took since she blinded him with her camera’s flash, which of course he teased her about after, leading him to take a picture of her shy and embarrassed which Jungkook thought was a cute moment of innocence.

Sohyun couldn’t help but feel ecstatic as she swiped the answer button, quickly holding her phone up to her ear, forgetting about Taehyung and leaving him on read.

“Hey,” Sohyun said, excitement laced in her voice.

Jungkook chuckled at the other end, no doubt smiling. “Hey, Sohyun. Since we have the day off I was wondering if you wanted to go to headquarters so you can practice shooting. I can be sort of an instructor for you. What you say?”

Sohyun raised her brow, a lopsided smile on her face. “Are you going to pick me up?”

“Of course, bae.”

Sohyun scrunched her nose. She didn’t like the name, but it didn’t falter to have an effect on her. “Don’t call me that.”

Jungkook laughed. “Ok, you don’t like pet names. Got it. I’ll be there in twenty.”

“Ok.”

Sohyun hung up, placing the pillow back in its spot. She put her bowl and chopsticks in the sink before rushing into her room to change.

After about ten minutes, Sohyun walked out of her bathroom. Her hair down in its natural waves, shaping her face. She wore a grey tank top and a red unbuttoned faded checkered flannel with it. Her jeans black with ripped knees along with black laced boots completing the look.

Sohyun waited in her living room, leaning against the couch as she looked at the angry text messages from Taehyung for leaving him on read. She playfully rolled her eyes as she texted him back saying that she was busy and about to go out.

Her head shot up from hearing a car horn. She shoved her phone in her front jean pocket, opening the door to see Jungkook’s car parked in front of her house. Sohyun locked the door before rushing down the steps and then hopping in the passenger seat.