Chapter 25| Behind The Scenes

The two quickly walked into the building, not wanting to keep Namjoon waiting and not to mention the curiosity that was consuming them slowly. Sohyun followed closely behind Yoongi, letting him take the lead since she still didn’t know much about the layout of the building.

Yoongi walked up to the second floor and stopped at an arched red double door. He turned the fancy golden doorknob. Inside was not only Namjoon, but the rest of the team spaced out in the room.

The office wasn’t as cramped as the one back at the restaurant that somehow managed to fit them all inside. There was a lot of space in the room. It was also nicely decorated. The area was lively, unlike the other office which was dull and stuffy. On the walls across from the doors were two large windows that allowed the sun to cast its sunlight into the room. It shone down upon Namjoon who was seated underneath the windows at his desk. There were a few paintings hung up on the wall, mostly of nature, and a bookshelf in the corner along with other little decors that made up the space. Sohyun observed the area in awe. She wondered if Namjoon set up the place by himself.

She noticed that everyone was standing up, except Namjoon, eyeing them. An aura of uneasiness and tenseness filled Sohyun’s senses.

Just what exactly is going on here? The others are here as well . . .

Namjoon was aware of the two's presence but kept his head down. It seemed as if he was in deep thought, trying to piece whatever was floating around in his mind together. It all made Sohyun’s curiosity rise even more. Was this really it? Was it finally time?

“What’s going on?” Yoongi asked as he closed the door.

Namjoon finally looked up, looking directly into Yoongi’s eyes and then to Sohyun’s direction briefly. A heavy shadow seemed to hover over his dark eyes. “Hoseok and I have been looking into the J.Y.O case.”

“Wait a sec. It would make sense if it was just Hoseok, but why is everyone else here? This wasn't supposed to be a team mission,” Yoongi said furrowing his brows.

Namjoon held up his hand. “I’ll get to that, but let me tell you what we found out first. We finally got our hands on the full kidnapping case and photos of all the victims.” Noticing Sohyun looking slightly confused he added, “These kidnappings have been happening for a while, way before the police even decided to hand the job over to us. Part of the reason why we only know about the more recent cases. The police here often withhold information and they make it hard to get a full file on a case half of the time.”

Jin crossed his arms, scoffing slightly. “Even though they handed their mess over to us they still wanted to keep things sealed off from us.”

Namjoon silently placed all the victims photos on the table. Yoongi and Sohyun walked closer to get a better look. As Yoongi observed the photos something clicked together in his brain. His hard dark brown eyes widen as he stepped back, taking a glance at Sohyun and then back at the alined photos.

Namjoon nodded at Yoongi. “I assume you see the connection already? As you can see, all the girls have pretty similar features to Sohyun. Facial features, body shape, and height.”

“Couldn’t it just be a coincidence?” Jungkook asked, not believing it could be a coincidence himself but he had to give himself some kind of hope. Someone after Sohyun? It was hard for him to even hear.

Sohyun glanced at him before quickly looking away, remembering what happened at the restaurant last time. She wrapped her arms around her body as an instinct, as if it was a way to protect herself as she laid her focus back on Namjoon.

Namjoon shook his head. His eyes focused on Jungkook, them having the same look. “I know,” he said quietly. “But if we’re being honest here, I highly doubt that. This can’t be a coincidence. Unless their original target is just someone who happens to hold Sohyun’s features as well. Even then it would still put her in danger. I have an intense feeling in my gut and my mind telling me that it’s that not though. This has to deal with Sohyun.” Sohyun froze as his piercing glaze meet her wide shining hazel eyes.