Chapter 7| The Real Reason

Sohyun sat down at a table to take a break since the restaurant was empty for once all day. She found it surprising, to see the usual booming crowded restaurant to be empty. Work was slower today, but she didn’t expect a time that it would be fully empty. Nevertheless, she was going to enjoy the quietness while it lasted.

Her eyes drifted over to Jungkook who was walking towards the glass door. She watched as he flipped the open sign to close. Curious, Sohyun got up and walked over to Jungkook, taking her questions with her.

“You’re closing the restaurant already?” Sohyun asked as she walked up behind Jungkook.

Jungkook glanced at her. “Yup.”

“How come? Closing time is at 8:30 pm. It’s only 6:25.”

Jungkook turned around and faced Sohyun. He thought for a second before replying. “Namjoon’s holding a meeting today. So we’re closing the restaurant early. Why don’t you go ahead and go into his office.”

Sohyun furrowed her eyebrows in suspicion. She didn’t hear anything about a meeting and Jungkook was acting weird, causing her to wonder. Sohyun walked to Namjoon’s office anyway. As she peeked her head inside she saw everyone else sitting down around Namjoon’s desk, expect for Yoongi who was standing behind the door.

“Go in,” he said as he lightly pushed her forward.

Sohyun walked in and sat in the chair on the left side of the room. Jungkook closed the door and stood beside it on the opposite side Yoongi was standing.

“Um, so what’s this meeting about?” Sohyun asked since everyone was silent.

“You,” Namjoon replied.

“You didn’t have to close the restaurant and call a meeting just to fire me,” Sohyun said.

“Sohyun, why would I fire you?” Namjoon asked. “You’ve been very helpful. There’s no reason for me to fire you.”

“Well, I just thought because of the glasses I broke.” Sohyun’s eyes drifted to Jin who was sitting on the couch. “Because Jin opened the door and it hit my arm.”

“That wasn’t my fault!” Jin exclaimed, about to stand up and protest when Taehyung pulled him back down in his seat. “I told you not to stand so close to the doors.”

Sohyun narrowed her eyes at Jin. “You also said that you wouldn’t open the doors so roughly. I was trying to get in the kitchen. In order to get in I have to get close to the door.”

“Sohyun has some valid points,” Taehyung said.

“Shut up, Taehyung. Can we disgust why this meeting was-”

“It’s not just Sohyun. Yesterday I saw Jin throw the door open. Unfortunately, Hoseok was walking by with a tray of food and it flew into his face from Jin suddenly opening the door,” Jimin commented.

“Yeah,” Hoseok said while looking at the ground and playing with his fingers. “It took me forever to get the food and smell out of my hair and it stain my favorite shirt.” Hoseok frowned as he thought back to the accident.

Yoongi crossed his arms as he eyed Jin. “Oh, so that was your fault? I had to make that order all over again.”

“It was an accident-”

“You didn’t even say sorry,” Hoseok muttered.

“Yeah, you just said excuse me and kept on walking,” Jimin added. “You didn’t even help him.” Jimin shook his head in disappointment.