Chapter 6: New Years Preparations and a Strange Night

(Edited)

Akira P.O.V:

Its been about 1 or 2 months since I transfered to Nanba prison. I loved it here! I've never been happier in my entire life, I made really amazing friends and am living a happy life. It was a day before new years and I was excited. Seita (nickname for Seitarou) told me yesterday that we were doing something fun today. Yamato busted through the cell door inturupting my thoughts. He was riding a pure white horse, on the back of his horse there were bamboo shoots with paper attached to it.

"Hello everyone!! I am here to bring you these sheets!! You are to make ornaments for the new years event tomrrow!!" Yamato exclaimed throwing the bamboo shoots on the ground in front of us. "You are to write 'Happy New Years' on them!! Also no.22 Warden Hyakushiki would like to se you right away!!"

"Could you take me to her right now then!! On your hourse of course!" I ask excitedly jumping up from my sitting position on the ground.

"Of course!! Come we need to get going there now!!" He laughed heartilly as I jump on the back of his horse. I smile to the others as they swoon over me.

"Leave some for me! 'kay!" I waved to them as we rode away, my low ponytails wiping behind me. I laugh and hold onto Yamato tightly not wanting to fall off.

---time skip---

We had finally made it to the wardens office, Yamato and I got lost a couple of times so it took about 2 hours to get here. I jump of Yamato's horse and walk over to the door, I did the secret knock Momo and I had established.

I heard a small squeal and then someone clearing their throat, a quiet 'come in' was heard. I entered her office and pounced over to her desk a large grin on my face. I looked around seeing the stupid monkey in here. I glared at him and put my head on Momo's desk kneeling down on the ground.

"Hey Momo! What did ya need to see me for!!" I say excitedly to her she chuckled and pet my hair, I grinned up at her liking the petting.

"I wanted to tell you that tomorrow is the new years tournament, I got your letter and that beautiful drawing. I wanted to ask you if you would write the large sign for it? You can draw a little cherry blossom tree in the corner. I will be hanging it on where I sit. I thought you could do it because your an amazing artist. Also because I love you so much." She whispered the last part to me and winked, I laughed a bit and nodded my head.

"Of course I would do that for you Momo! It would be an honor." I bow down to her doing a mock deep voice, we both laugh a little. "So, why's the stupid monkey here." I whisper so only she can here, my eyes flick over to him for a second.

"He's here to take you to his building, you have to make the banner in his building. It's a tradition here at Nanba. But for now why don't you join me for lunch, its a little past then and I would think your hungry." She said smiling softly to me, I nod hearing my stomach grumble as I rub the back of my head in embarrassment. Someone came in with a cart of food, Momo had gotten a chair for me so I sat across from her.

"It looks like the mokey is tired, why don't we let him sit for a bit." I say seeing the stupid monkey's legs shaking. She nods and I yell to him.

"Oi! Stupid monkey! Momo says you can sit down cause your shaking!" He glares at me mumbling under his breath as he sits down and looks through some papers. Momo and I chat while we eat, she tells me how boring its been for her, I tell her of what happened with Tsukumo and all that jaz.

We soon finish eating and it was time for me to leave. I grunt not wanting to leave with the stupid monkey yet. Momo laughs at my antics and tells me that it won't be that bad.