Chapter 9: New Years Tournament Part 3

Akira P.O.V:

The 4th event had just begun, Nico and Hajime jumped down to do it. The event was called top spinning, each team had their own top spinner. The objective of the game was to knock down your opponents spinner, or have you spinner spin the longest. Our building was going against building 5 again, I was confident that we were going to win. Hajime was going against Samon and Nico was going against Upa.

I didn't know what Upa was capable of but I knew he was pretty strong. I was worried for Nico because he hadn't taken all of his meds today. Mitsuru shouted starting the event, I cheered for my friends as Hajime and Samon pulled the spinners. They talked for a while before jumping into action, Samon pulled out his staff and swung it at Hajime. Grabbing the staff as it was about to hit him, a large, evil looking grin was plastered on his face. He quickly threw Samon into the wall while cracking his knuckles evilly.

Looking over to Nico's fight, I saw Upa fire a large blue laser thing at Nico. He jumped out of the way a big smile still on his face, he ran up to Upa and punched him extremely hard. My mouth dropped open at his strength, I didn't know he could fight! They punched and kicked at each other, dodging every one they continued fight. They jumped away from each other quickly, out of nowhere Nico blasted Upa with the same laser thingy that he had done a couple of minutes ago.

"H-how the hell is he doing that!" I said in shock looking over to my other friends, my mouth still hung open slightly.

"Since Nico didn't take all of his meds today, one of his diseases is acting up. It allows him to copy any of his opponents moves, I don't know how he got it but it sure helps us out." Jyugo explained lazily, his hands behind his head as he leaned back and closed his eyes. I turned back to the fight my eyes narrowing slightly at Nico, humming a response to Jyugo. Hajime was beating Samon easily and Nico was basically playing with Upa.

Upa fired another large blue laser thingy at Nico, my eyes widened with worry as the others shouted at Nico to move out of the way. Suddenly, a large red laser escaped Nico's hands, he shouted something but I couldn't hear. I already knew it was something relating to anime. Sweat dropping I watched Nico blasted Upa away and into a wall. 'Well.... I guess Nico won that one.' I think to myself before looking at Hajime.

Samon was running at him, his staff up ready to hit him. Just as he was going to hit him, Hajime punched him in the face. He flew into his spinner, knocking it to the ground along with him. We were announced the winners again, I congratulated them as they got back into the stands. We were so close to winning, only one more event and we could be the winners. I was pumped, I wanted this hot spring so badly.

The next event was announced, all you had to do was break the barrel of sake. Hajime was going to do this one as my cellmates and I argued on who would do it.

"I'll do it! That guy looks really big and strong! I wanna fight him, so let me do it!" I exclaimed pointing to the inmate who was going against us.

He was extremely buff and tall, He had a blind fold over his eyes, a scar over his left 'eye'. Red and yellow hair that looked like flames, he was shirtless showing off his tanned skin, a golden  ring on his right nipple. He wore a red and black stripped skirt, black bandages wrapped around his lower torso, neck, the middle of his feet, and lower arms. Gold hoops hung from his earlobes.

"No! I'll do this one! To make up for the first event! I'll do a good job this time!" Jyugo said, determination filled his multi-colored eyes. I looked down a frown on my lips, I nodded and sat down at my seat.

"ALL RIGHT B**CHES! LET'S GET THE LAST EVENT STARTED! READY! BEGIN!" Mitsuru shouted into the microphone, the last event finally started and they began fighting. Jyugo was getting beaten to a bloody pulp, getting thrown into walls and slammed into the ground. I frowned deeper, not being able to watch this I stood up and began walking away.