Chapter 11: Welcome back.

Akira P.O.V:

Hajime was back on patrol today, I was still a bit quiet with Nico and Rock. I still felt like it was my fault that Uno got hurt, but they constantly reassured me. Uno woken up last night.... Nico and Rock went to go visit him, but I stayed here. I can't face him yet, I'm the reason he got hurt... Only if I did the event instead of Jyugo.... Then none of this would happen.

Anyways, Hajime had come in the morning to check that we had woken up. He left after breakfast to go get something, I don't know what yet but it was taking him a long time to get it. Soon we heard the cell door open and Hajime walked in.

"You have a new cellmate. Number 15 come here you damn brat. Treat him well alright." Hajime said then walked back out of the cell. 'We have a new cellmate with the same number as Jyugo. how ironic.' I thought to myself as I stared blankly at the cell wall. I heard chains clinking together and someone enter the cell.

"JYUGO!!!" I heard Nico and Rock yell in unison. I looked up slightly surprised, 'how come he's back. Shouldn't he be in the infirmary, also why did Hajime introduce him like he was new?' I thought looking at Jyugo. Our eyes met, regret filled his multi-colored orbs. I looked away and back at the wall, remembering the incident again. My lips pressed into a thin line as I closed my eyes and shook my head, trying to get the memories out of my head.

I heard someone sit down in front of me, opening my eye I found a shy looking Jyugo. Regret still in his eyes, he opened his mouth to say something then closed it, he looked me in the eye with confidence.

"I'm sorry.... I hurt you..... and Uno...." He apologized in a hushed voice, his eyes moved down to my bandaged body. I shook my head at him looking down at my wrapped hands.

"This is my fault not yours. If only I argued with you a little more and did the event... None of this would have happened....." I say, tightly closing my fists.

"No, I was the one that got out of control. You only tried to help me, but I hurt you instead of listening. I was so desperate that I didn't care what happened and I regret it." He said taking a hold of my hands. I open my hands and hold his, slowly letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding. Looking into his eyes I let the smallest smile grace my face.

"Uno got hurt because of me, even though your the one who cut him, I'm the one he was protecting. So I am the reason he got hurt."

"Aki-chan, you have o stop blaming yourself for Uno. He was the one that made the decision to jump in front of you. There's nothing you could have done to stop him." Nico slowly makes his way over to Jyugo and I.

"I could have seen him coming and stopped him, or I could have been the one to do the event in the first place. Or I could have-" I was cut off by Rock putting his hands on my shoulders and shaking me. He looked me in the eye with a serious expression causing me to stop talking. 'Rock being serious? What....'

"Stop it. It was his decision and nothing could have been done. Now stop putting all the blame onto yourself, please just listen to us and open your eyes." He pleaded in a desperate tone. I opened my mouth to argue with him but closed my mouth. Frowning deeply as thoughts filled my brain, one kept popping back up, 'Listen to them, they're telling the truth.' The thought didn't sound like my voice, it was as if someone was talking to me in my head.

"I need to think." I say quietly, standing up I unlocked the cell and walked out. Making my way onto the roof I let the thoughts fill my head and take over. I sat down on the edge and grabbed the vertical bars, leaning my head onto the cold steal I sigh.

'Why. Why did things become like this. Maybe I should just leave.... Everything would go back to normal if I wasn't here. Yeah.... I'll escape this place and let that happen. I'll miss them but its for the best. They would just keep getting hurt if I stay..... I never should have gotten close to them. This is why I need to be alone... always.' I thought letting tears escape my eyes. 'I need to stop crying. It makes me seem weak...' Standing up I made my way off the roof.