Chapter 5

Lauren's P.O.V.

"Babe what are you..." Hanna trails off as she comes to stand next to me. I turn to her and she smiles down at...Aiden.

"Hi cutie, what's your name?" She asks him and gets down to his eye level.

"Aiden." He says with his own smile.

"Well I'm Hanna. It's nice to meet you." She shakes his hand and he giggles.

"Do you know Lauren?" She asks and he shakes his head.

"Well where's your mommy?" She asks and he shrugs.

"Mama said I live with this lady now. She said she's my mommy." Hanna looks up at me with wide eyes and stands up.

"You're his what?" I hand her the papers in my hand and she reads over them.

"Um..." She says and I shake my head.

"I don't know what to say about this or what to do...I'm completely lost." I tell her and she sighs and shakes her head.

"Come here sweetie." She says to Aiden and holds her hand out. He takes it and she leads him inside.

"Do you like cartoons?" She asks him and he nods. She looks back at me as to tell me to get his boxes and close the door. She then sits him in one of my bean bag chairs and cuts on cartoons for him. I grab the boxes and the chest then close the door. I have to call Jojo. Hanna comes back and she leans against the counter.

"Do you know his mother?" She asks and I shake my head.

"He's four. I can't remember anything from four years ago." She bites her lip and I pull my phone out and text Jojo.

"Well you should have used a condom." What?

"I do use condoms. I don't even know if that's my kid. The only thing we have in common is our eye color and hair color. His mom was probably some slut and I was the closest to looking like him." I say and then the kid giggles at something on TV.

"Well you have to figure out something. You need to find out if he's yours."

"I'm already on it. Jo said she's on her way." I say and she nods.

"He sort of looks like you...from the side. You have the same nose and cheek bones." She says and I sigh.

"Hanna, don't look for similarities." I say and she holds her hands up in surrender.

"He's cute though." She says as she watches him.

"He's not mine. There's no way I can have a four year old. Why wouldn't his mother say something? If she couldn't find me she could have told my parents or something, we are the only Jauregui in the whole fucking town. I can't have a kid."

"You don't want kids?" Hanna asks.

"Well...I didn't plan on it but if it happened then it happened."

"Well it looks like that's exactly what happened." She says and I roll my eyes. We keep talking then the kid comes in the kitchen.

"I'm hungry." He says. I forgot I was supposed to be making breakfast. I don't have an appetite anymore though.

"You like french toast?" I ask him and he scrunches his eyebrows in confusion.

"Whats that?"

"You've never had french toast?" Hanna asks and he shakes his head.

"Well you can try it today okay? Lauren and I will make you some and we'll put some strawberries on it if you want. Do you like strawberries?" He shakes his head.