Chapter 32

Mani's P.O.V

I haven't been this nervous in a doctors office in a long time. This moment seems so surreal...I could be finding out I'm going to be a grandmother. My sixteen year old son could be a father and his entire future...could go a totally different way. I don't want that for him. I want him to enjoying being a sixteen year old kid...my kid can not have a kid.

I can't help but feel bad for Christina. Her parents have always been strict and Lauren and I don't like them because they're just obnoxious. I don't know how Christina became the young woman she is now having been raised by those people. I know she must be terrified right now...she doesn't know what's going on and this one test could change the course of her life entirely just like Aiden. The difference between Christina and Aiden is that if she is pregnant, we'll stand by Aiden as parents and do what we can to help and be there for him along the way. On the other hand, Christina's parents aren't as caring.

I know she's nervous. She won't stop bouncing her leg up and down and playing with her fingers. I understand the fear as well because I felt it myself. Christina took the test twenty minutes ago and we still haven't gotten the results. I gently place my hand on her shaky leg and she looks over to me. I give her a warm smile and she sighs deeply before turning away.

"I know you're nervous and this is hard but for right now...just try to breathe." I tell her. Christina shakes her head and turns her head forward.

"I don't understand why you're here with me...I mean, I'm thankful, I really am but...you should hate me." She says quietly.

"Why would I hate you?" I ask as I turn my body towards hers. She glances over to me then looks down at her hands.

"This is all my fault." She says and I sigh as I put my arm around her shoulder.

"It takes two people to make a baby and people make mistakes Christina." She shakes her head.

"I'm so stupid..." She says shakily. I don't have to be a genius to know she's crying so I rub her back. She turns her body into mine and lays her head on my shoulder as she cries.

Lauren's P.O.V

Is it possible to get my kid fixed? Or is he way to young for a vasectomy? I know that isn't the best solution to this situation but it's the only one I have right now. I don't know what I'll do if Christina is pregnant. They're kids...Aiden may have a few things going for him already but a kid...that can't happen. I don't get how this could happen, Mani and I had that awkward talk with him about sex and I even continued the conversation and taught him how to put on a condom, but this still happens. It's like no matter how hard you try to help your kids make the right decisions in life, they fuck up anyway but that's what makes them the person they eventually grow up to be. All we can do as parents is hope we didn't create a serial killer.

"You're getting a vasectomy." I say to Aiden who looks up at me wide eyed from his seat on the couch. We've been sitting in silence since Mani and Christina left. The only sound has been the faint noise of the t.v. in front of us

"I'm not even kidding. You are never going to be able to produce. Ever. You know what? I might even do it to your brother when he's old enough and then your sister. I'm fine with not being a grandmother or being one if the kid is adopted." I say after Aiden doesn't respond.

"...I don't know what to say to that..." He says softly.

"Don't say anything, it's not like you have a choice in any of this." He looks at me then down to his lap and sighs.