Chapter 12

Lauren's P.O.V.

So it's been about two weeks since the whole break with Hanna. I feel really bad about it because I know I hurt her feelings. She hasn't talked to me really, just some quick responses to my texts and she won't answer the phone. I didn't want her to just disappear from me while we were on a break but maybe she's doing it for herself, distancing me so if I don't choose her she won't be so hurt or she's just pissed.

"Mommy?" I hear Aiden call and I look over to him.

"Yes mijo?" I answer. I took him to get some ice cream after dinner today and I've been sitting here waiting for him to finish his cone.

"Are you sad?" He asks as he licks his ice cream.

"Not really sad just...confused." He licks his top lip and scrunches his face.

"Why?" He asks.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask and he nods his head.

"Well...have you ever liked a girl?" I ask and he shakes his head. Of course not.

"Okay, well you know how much you love Superman? But you still like Batman?" I ask and he nods.

"Well I'm going through that but I have to pick which one I like more." He nods in understanding.

"Why can't you like both?" He asks and starts to eat his cone.

"I do like both but I can only have one."

"You should pick the one you love. I like Batman but I love Superman. He's my favorite." He spreads ice cream over his chin as he talks and I hand him a napkin. He wipes his face and then goes to finish the cone.

Am I really taking love advice from a 5 year old? He may have had a point though. I know who I love and I know who I like. Maybe it's just time to pick my favorite.

Mani's P.O.V.

That conversation with Lauren didn't go as I expected it to. I didn't expect her to say what she said. I honestly didn't want to tell her I'm not over her. When I left I could tell her feelings were a little...different. The rest of that night she was just really inside her head. I think I just should have kept my mouth shut. We've talked on and off for the last few weeks. I miss being with her and Aiden.

That kid is a real charmer and has me wrapped around his finger. I think I really need to talk to someone about this so that's why I invited Dinah to breakfast this morning.

"So what I gather from the conversation that transpired between you and Lauren is that, you both want each other but you don't really know what to do now." Dinah says as she takes a sip of her orange juice.

"No...Yes, sort of. I know I want Lauren but she's with Hanna and even though they're on a break right now, they are still technically together."

"They're on a break?" I nod.

"Since when?"

"I think since we had that conversation." Dinah scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"And who asked for the break?" She asks.

"Lauren I think."

"What's wrong with you? Now I'm not saying you should just pounce on her but if she needed a break, she's obviously thinking about you. She'll need some time to deal with her inevitable break up and you're the perfect person to be there."

"How do you know they'll break up?" I ask and Dinah looks at me like I just said the dumbest thing ever spoken in humanity.

"Just listen to me Mani. Spend more time with Lauren and Aiden. That's it."