Chapter 36

Mani's POV

Its been a few days and I'm still not sure what's up with Lauren but there's something. I don't understand why she won't tell me...I'll still give her some time but if she doesn't tell me soon I'm going to drag it out of her. Lauren isn't acting weird anymore but I know it's only because whatever was bothering her is on the back burner for now. I'll figure it out. Right now though, I have a different focus. Ever since Lauren asked about the adoption papers, it's all I can think about. We're going to figure this out. Today. I want to know and time is ticking away so I invited Camila to lunch at a restaurant not to far from my office. I got here a little earlier than her so I ordered a water. I take a sip of my water when I Camila making her way towards the table. I lift my head from my glass and give her a smile.

"Hey Mila." I say as she sits down.

"Hey Mani, how are you?" She asks and I shrug.

"No complaints. How about you?" I ask. We haven't spoken much in the last week.

"Same. Nothing has changed much. Oh! I got a date!" She says with giddy excitement that makes me chuckle.

"You must be excited." Camila nods.

"Very. He's really hot." We both laugh and I shake my head.

"Well tell me about him."

"He works with me. I've thought he liked me for a while but I didn't know so I didn't say anything. Some of my coworkers and I went out to a karaoke bar and after he and I were going in the same direction to our cars. We talked and he asked me out." She tells me.

"So when's the date?"

"Tomorrow. I can't wait. He's a really great guy." I nod my head.

"That's great. I'm happy you're getting out there but the coworker thing can be bad."

"Oh I know, he's leaving in two weeks because he got a better job offer. That's why he asked me out."

"Oh ok, well good luck and be safe." Camila nods and the waiter comes by to take our order but neither of us have even looked at the menu.

"So anything new with you?" Camila asks as we read over our menus. I shake my head.

"Thinking of cutting my hair. That's pretty much it."

"How are the kids?" She asks.

"Still a little hyped up on candy from Halloween. Other than that, normal. You've talked to Aiden?"

"Yeah. I called him yesterday."

"Good." The waiter comes back and we place our orders.

"So I have to admit this lunch isn't all about pleasure." I say. Camila looks at me curiously.

"We've gotten to the point where I need a decision from you on giving away your parental rights." Camila nods her head.

"I've thought about it and... I'm not sure that it's necessary. Aiden will be an adult soon so anything that you would need legal rights too won't even be of importance. What's the point?" She says.