Chapter 6

Lauren's P.O.V.

So this kid is entirely obsessed with my bean bags, I mean he loves them. He's a pretty fun kid though. We play wrestled and he almost killed me, we played video games and he wasn't really that bad and he loves zombie movies. He might be my kid after all. He doesn't like peanut butter and his favorite food is cereal. He talks a lot especially about anything cartoon related. I'm glad it's been three days and he hasn't gotten hurt yet. I took my vacation to be with him for a while. I still don't know how I'll react when I get the results but getting to know this kid has been fun.

Today I decided to buy him some clothes. I think he needs some and I figured I could spend some time with Hanna but of course she has to work, and I need someone to shop with. I'm not sure I want to talk to Normani though. She hasn't really been being a bitch but I'm still pissed about what she said to Hanna but she did say sorry...

"Hello?" Normani answers.

"What do you have planned today?" I ask.

"Nothing really."

"Well I was thinking about taking little man shopping. You in?"

"Sure. I'm not doing anything else."

"Good."

I tell Normani when to meet us and then hang up. Shopping would have definitely been more of a hassle without her there. I couldn't figure out the sizes but she figured it out quickly and just had him try an outfit on to make sure. After I get him some clothes we get shoes and then he says he's hungry. I get him a corn dog and we sit in the food court of the mall.

"So how do you like being with Lauren?" Normani asks Aiden.

"I like her a lot. She's lotsa fun." He says excitedly and kicks his legs. I laugh softly and he takes a bite of his corn dog.

"Oh is she? She's boring to me." Mani says with a smile and he shakes his head no violently.

"Nuhuh. She's funny and she's brave and she's fun." He says with a full mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full kid." I say and he looks at me then spits the chewed up corn dog into his hand. Gross.

"Why not?" He says with the pure look of innocence and I don't even feel disgusted anymore.

"Because it's not polite and neither is spitting your food out in your hand." I say and he stuffs the food back in his mouth. Ew. I give him a napkin to wipe his hand and he finishes his food.

"Why do I haveta be polite?" He asks.

"Well, because you want people to like you right?" He nods his head.

"That's why. People don't like impolite little boys, especially pretty girls like Mani." I say and he scrunches his face in disgust.

"Ew. I don't like girls." He says.

"Why not?"

"They're weird." He says with a straight face.

"Am I weird?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Is Mani weird?" He shakes his head again.

"You guys not girls. You're ladies." Normani and I chuckle.

"Okay buddy." I say with a shake of my head.

"I haveta go pee." He says. Um...I haven't gotten to the public bathroom thing. Do I let him go by himself or do I have to take him in the bathroom with me? Shit. What do I do?

"Umm..." I glance at Normani and she shakes her head.

"I'll take him. Come on sweetie." She says as she stands up. She takes his hand and walks him into the women's bathroom. Okay I should do that next time. I pull my phone out and text Hanna while I wait. Apparently she's working over time to work on some designs. She hasn't been there long but she told me that her boss wanted her to be his apprentice. That's an even better opportunity. She's learning and growing and pretty soon her dreams will be coming true and I couldn't be happier for her. They come back and Aiden bounces into his seat.