Chapter 7

Lauren's P.O.V.

"She was a stripper?!" Ally says in a harsh whisper. I nod my head and watch Aiden on the monkey bars.

"You can't be serious. She took him into a strip club?" Mani says and I nod again.

"You should really watch who you have kids with." She says with a shake of her head.

"I still don't know if he's mine."

"Yeah, yeah." Normani says then takes a sip of her coffee. I seriously never want to see his mother, fucking ever. How is it even allowed to take a kid to a strip club?

"Who does that though? It's like she was stripping him of his innocence." I say and Ally nods.

"She might have had no other choice Lo. Sometimes life is hard." Normani says and I shake my head. I don't know what to say about this new information. It's not like I can do anything about it but it still pisses me off he was exposed to that. I hope he forgets it.

"So his birthday is coming up soon right?" Normani asks and I nod.

"Two weeks."

"Planning anything?" She asks and I sip my coffee and shake my head.

"Why does everyone keep planning ahead so much? He might not even be with me long." I say.

"You do it too. You gave him a room." She says.

"He needed somewhere to sleep. I can always return the furniture." Normani shakes her head.

"Just admit you're slightly attached to the kid. I mean it's only been a few days but he has a charm that makes you love him. Maybe he really is your kid." I look over at Normani and she looks towards the playground and sips her coffee again.

"I like the kid. I won't say I'm attached." Normani nods.

"Have you talked to Joanna?" Ally asks and I shake my head.

"How are you and Hanna?" Normani asks.

"I know how it looked yesterday and she seemed a little pissed."

"Yeah we're cool. She was just jealous." I say.

"If he is yours, will he call you mommy?" Ally asks randomly and I shrug.

"I guess if he wants to. I think I want to start teaching him spanish."

"Why?"

"I think it would be cool. He'd be bilingual at 4 or 5 years old, I think that's a nice skill to have."

"And you said we were thinking ahead." Mani says with a smirk and I shake my head at her. I'm not thinking ahead, just...thinking.

"Whatever. I'll do what I want."

"Shouldn't he be starting school this year?"

"Shit. Yeah he does, doesn't that mean I have to take him to the doctor and shit? How do you enroll a kid into school anyway?" I ask and Normani  laughs.

"You have no idea what you're doing." She's right. I'm just going day by day here. I've never had to take care of anyone but myself and that was easy. I've never even had a dog. All my fish died...maybe him being in my care me not be the best thing.

"It's okay, I'll help you." Normani says and Ally nods.

"Me too." I nod my head and see Aiden on the swings talking to some little blonde girl. They laugh about something and I feel myself smile. I tell Aiden to come on after he talks to the little girl for a while and he says goodbye to her then runs over to us on the bench.