Chapter Twelve - Christmas Break

Kathlyn's POV

December 24-25, 2016

"Merry Christmas!! Ho Ho Ho!!" I heard a cheery voice boom from the front entrance. I knew who it was instantly - Daniel. Julia laughed, jumping up from her seat on the leather couch, which I lay rested across from her. I watched the twinkling lights on the tree, thinking about the past month's events. The comments had stopped coming in for a brief moment and I was thankful for that, so I felt a bit better, even though I hated myself for what I did to Grayson.

"Hey, 'ya big ol' lump," Julia snorted, squeezing Daniel into a hug as I walked into the kitchen. Daniel gave me one, too, and he ruffled my hair like he did to Jules.

Dad was thankfully off of work, and so was mom. Mom was a Real Estate Agent, and had been for a few years now. My parents and Dan sat in the formal sitting room, and Julia and I sat in the living room. "I'm tired of this silence," I said to Julia, "Wanna watch a movie?" She throws her phone on the couch, which her eyes no longer clung to.

"Sure," she said, and I grabbed the remote, looking through some movies on Netflix. I stopped on The Kissing Booth and pressed play. It was a funny, awkward, and cheesy movie, but definitely cute. After the two of us finished fangirling over the movie, we decided to bake some cookies.

"Okay, we'll bake snickerdoodle, your favorite, but also chocolate chip cookies, my favorite," Julia laughs, and I join in too, realising that Christmas brought me back to being somewhat happy.

Even with multiple hours left to Christmas Day, we still finished everything we wanted to do, so Julia suggested for us to go in the hot tub. I didn't mind, since it was below zero-degree weather outside. I took anything to warm myself up. Julia rambles the whole time, telling me when Ethan started a full-blown snowball fight, and so finally I piped up. It was like she was oblivious to everything around her. "Julia, he obviously likes you. A lot," I sip some cocoa we made, the warm bubbles feeling great against my skin.

She gives me a funny look. "He does not. Absolutely does not." How? How does she not notice? It's very clear that she likes him too - Ethan needs to make a move.

~Julia's POV~

"He does not," I answer, "Absolutely does not." Is Kat crazy? She might've had too much eggnog - but seriously, what a profound statement.

Kat's bun bobs with her head, and she raises her cup of cocoa, "Oh, yes, Julia, he does. And I think someone else does, too," she giggles. Now that, that was ridiculous.

"Kat I do not like him at all. I'm just trying to be friends with him, and it seems to be working," I say, sipping my drink.

"Mmmhmm.." she laughs, "Seems to be working just fine," Kat snorts.

"What are you suggesting, Kathlyn?" I turn my head.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

- - -

Now dry and gossip-less, I sat on the couch, completely relaxed, no feelings or random thoughts catapulting into my mind. I hear the doorbell ring, so I run to it. And like every time, when I open it, there he is. "Are you trying to stalk me, Dolan?"

Ethan holds boxes of presents in his hands, which are covered in snow, "No, Hollis, I'm not. My mom just wanted me to deliver these to you - a few presents." I nod, clutching the door.

"Well, don't freeze your ass off out there. Come in," I wave him inside, and take the presents.

"Oh, and the blue one is from Grayson to Kat, so you might not want her to open it in front of the family." Ethan looks at me, his eyes wandering the room.

"Ahh, I see," I nod, and sign for Ethan to come upstairs with me. He follows, and I place the present, blue wrapping paper and gold ribbon and all, onto her desk. Ethan stands awkwardly next to the doorframe when Luna comes and starts nuzzling up to his legs.

Ethan laughs, and sits on the floor to pet Luna. I walk over and join him, a big fur ball in between us. "Yes, you're a good girl, oh, you're so cute," he coos, and I giggle. Luna doesn't usually like someone as much as she likes Ethan.

"Cocoa?" I ask, getting up and wiping the many layers of dog hair off me.

"Yeah, that'd be great." After having a cup of cocoa and checking the time, Ethan has to go home, and I walk him to the door. "Merry Christmas, Julia," he says, and walks back into the snow. I watch as he disappears into the darkness, and I whisper, "Merry Christmas, Ethan."

~Kathlyn's POV~

I walk into my room, and turn on the lamp. I see a tall present placed onto it, and I walk over to it. It reads To: Kathlyn, From: Grayson. I sigh, and try to keep my eyes from welling up. Carefully taking the lid off, I see a stack of Disney movies. The Lion King, Sleeping Beauty, Hercules, Mulan, Brother Bear, and, I laugh, High School Musical 3: Senior Year. "Oh Grayson," I mutter, "I'm sorry. I can't. I just can't."

~Julia's POV~

I look through the pile of presents - one for Elisha, one for Dad, one for everyone, Daniel, Kat, and I see two for me. The first one is wrapped in green and has The Dolans written in big loopy cursive on it. But the other is a lot smaller, and is wrapped in purple with a silver bow. Scrawled onto it, it reads Ethan. I quickly grab it and run up the steps, and into my room. Placing it on my bed, I throw the wrapping paper apart, unable to resist.

A small card is placed on top of a whole set of fineliner pens. The card is a light lavender color, matching my walls. How did he know that was my favorite color? I open the card, and read it, smirking to myself. It reads;

Julia, or Hollis,

Here are some more funky pens to add to your collection.

-Ethan, or Dolan

I laugh to myself. Of course he'd do that.

Hello beautiful people! First off, I want to say sorry for being gone longer than normal. I was feeling a little unmotivated to write :( but to all you silent readers out there, please comment something! It makes me feel motivated and also more inspired to write! So yeah, and a huge thank you for 100 reads! I appreciate you all so so much <3 Here is the QOTD!

Question #12 is... Who is one of your favorite youtubers? Besides the Dolans XD

Mine is Emma Chamberlain! But anyway, I have to go now guys!! Ily <3

-Tashi xx