Chapter Twenty-One - Spring Break

Julia's POV
March 20, 2017

It's been a week and a half since Ethan and I started dating, and it's gone well. We're on Spring Break, and I don't have to stress about school. E has also taken me out on a date, and we're getting to know each other better, slowly. I know stupid facts about him, too, like his favorite food or color or car, anything like that. I have to admit, when I'm not rolling my eyes at him or insulting him, he is sweet.

I've talked to Simone, too, who is counting down the days till I go to New York. I used to go there every break, but I decided this year to just come during summer. My Mom is doing well, too. She got a promotion, and we're thinking about adopting a dog when I get there, which I'm ecstatic about.

"What are you thinking about?" Ethan asks me. I was at his house, and we were watching a TV show in his basement. I sat next to him on the couch, and I moved, laying my head in his lap, which surprisingly didn't feel awkward. I'd never done it before, not that it was weird- okay, I'll just get to the point. Ethan didn't seem to mind, and just grinned at me as he messily moved his hair off his forehead. I brought my hand to his hair, trying to fix it for him, but failing, "You need to get a haircut," I laughed.

"No, I don't. Grayson keeps on saying that, don't you start." Smiling, I messed it up even more. "What were you actually thinking about?" Ethan questions again.

"New York. My mom." Ethan played with my long strands of hair.

"You miss it?"

"Yeah, a lot."

"Tell me about it, and about your mom, too," he doesn't ask me to, just says it like a command, but I oblige, wanting to reminisce about the warm, humid, summer nights.

"Well," I say, pulling my arms to my side, "First off, my mom's a doctor. She works in the hospital a few blocks away from my street. Every Monday and Thursday night she comes home early with our favorite Chinese takeout," I grin ear to ear and Ethan returns the smile, which mirrors the way his eyes look, "The rest of the weekdays, she comes home later, so we just watch an episode of whatever TV show we're watching, and then she goes to bed because she's usually exhausted. On weekends, Simone, my best friend comes over and we bake cookies while my mom sleeps in."

Ethan whispers, "That sounds pretty great. What's New York like?" He pushes a strand of hair behind my ear, and I can feel my cheeks heating up.

"New York, well, at least in the neighborhood we live in, is super creative and artsy. Every neighbor in our apartment complex is different. Downstairs, there's a nice old man who is sometimes visited by his Granddaughter. Upstairs, there's a loud, but exciting family of four who sometimes invites us over. Down the hall is young couple who got married a few years ago, but outside is where everything happens. There are festivals and carnivals that each have their own theme. Mine and Simone's favorite is the festival of Colors, which is just on that street. We always dot our faces with yellows, and reds, and blues, and it's the coolest thing ever. The lanterns they hang each have their own color for them, too."

Ethan shifts a little under me, "When we graduate, no matter where the two of us live, you have to promise to take me to that festival, okay?"

I giggle, "Deal."

~Kathlyn's POV~

"Grayson, I have to go," we laid on my bed, just after going outside for a bit. Grayson's arms engulfed me as he pulled me closer to him. My arms were pinned to my sides, but my leg lay over his.

"No, I don't want you to," He said in a funny, squeaky voice.

I laughed, "I promised Jackie and Abby that I'd meet them at Jacquelyn's house."

"But why can't you stay here? We're on break. They'll see you tomorrow." He loosened his arms on me as he planted small kisses on my neck, traveling up to my face. He paused for a moment, leaving my skin burning, "You can stay with me."

"Grayson," was all I could say as he locked his lips with mine. I pushed my hand against his chest, and put another one in his hair, twisting the ends. His hand gripped my waist tighter by the second, and as much as I wanted to continue, I managed to pull away, "I promise you we'll continue this tomorrow, okay?" I jumped up from the bed, for it was my only chance to get away.

"Okay, fine," Grayson grabbed his coat from my chair, getting off the bed, and placing his hand on the small of my back to pull me to him for one last kiss. I made it quick, I didn't want to tempt the both of us, and I walked him down the stairs and outside as I watched him drive his truck away.

As soon as Grayson was gone I sat down in the car and drove to Jackie's house. It took me about fifteen minutes to get there, and when I did, I saw Jackie opening the door to wait for me to come. I got out and gave her a hug, pulling her close to me. Abby stood behind her, and I gave her a hug too, but I had to bend over to hug her smaller frame.

We walked inside the cozy house, and three of us bounded up the stairs and into Jackie's room, which had a black and yellow color scheme to it, which was pleasing to the eye. I sat in my favorite chair in her room, which was a big yellow armchair with fluffy pillows. "So, what's going on?" I asked, looking at the two of them.

Abby just shrugged, gesturing a nothing really. Jackie giggled, looking at me and wrapping her arms around a pillow. "I went on the date with Kaden." Oh no. Gosh, I saw him flirting with another girl just yesterday at school.

"Jackie, you know what I think about Kaden."

"But he's actually nice! He's different."

I sigh, running a hand through my hair, "I don't want you to get hurt."

"He's not terrible, Kat!" She throws the pillow she's holding to the ground, and I see Abby staring at it, not wanting to look up.

"I'm just warning you, Jackie. He's bad news!" Even though we only spoke a few sentences, the argument was getting heated and I didn't want to continue, but Jackie looked like she needed to yell more.

"Well, I'm sorry I'm not little miss perfect and dating Grayson Dolan!"

"Are you kidding me?" I yell, "That's what you're making this about?"

"Yes, because we can't have perfect lives like yo-"

"I most certainly do not have a perfect life, I've been through a hell of a lot of pain and work to get to where I am now, and you of all people should know that, Jackie!"

"Well at least you had Grayson to make it feel better, and I didn't!"

"What?" Jackie liked, no, likes Grayson. This was getting way out of hand, "Jackie, you should've told me before I started dating him."

"You had already been dating him, Kat. I had liked him for three years, and tried to get his attention, and then you just swoop in with your kind heart and steal his! It's not fair!"

"I can't deal with this, not now," I walked out of her room, and down the stairs without knowing what was going on. It had been a full five minutes, and in those five minutes I learned something that Jackie had been keeping a secret this whole time. Do I even know her? Is this the real Jacqueline? Is she a real friend? I have so many questions, but they got drowned out by the loud humming of a car engine and it's squeaking tires. All I could feel were the hot tears on my face as I thought I had lost another friend.

- -

Hi! Here's an early chapter for you all, and sorry that it was pretty bad, I'm prepping for a lot of school exams right now and so I don't have much time on my hands! Here's the QOTD!

Question #21 is.... What is your favorite vine?

My ranking goes like this!

1) Jamaican Accent Vine

2) Daddy? Vine

3) Oovoo Javer Vine

okeyyy i gotta go study now!! bye :)

-Tashi :D