Chapter 8

*Cotton's POV*

I don't know when but I ended up falling asleep in the maze and I woke up later in my room in Raiden's house. I slipped out of bed. When I opened my door, I saw Raiden outside, he was just sitting on the floor of the hallway, reading a book.

He looked up quickly. "Shihiro, you're awake,"

I nodded slowly. "What are you doing on the floor?"

He chuckled sheepishly and stood. "I was worried..." he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I thought you were mad at me..." I looked down.

"Not mad, I'm just disappointed. I thought you and Honey were friends,"

"Friends don't lie to each other," I muttered. "I don't wanna talk about Haninozuka-san,"

"Fine, Fine. We won't talk about him," he sighed.

I nodded.

"When do you plan on going home?"

I shook my head. "They don't want me, so why should I go back?"

"I'm sure they do—"

"They wanted a boy, Rai-chan, they wanted Honey, but they got me instead, I ruined their life! They don't want me!"

"Hey!" He held onto my shoulders. "Don't talk like that. They might have wanted a boy but they got a beautiful daughter instead, I'm sure they love you just as much,"

"That's what mama tried telling papa..." I muttered. "It's all wrong, they don't want me,"

He pulled me into a gentle hug. "I know that's how you feel, but I'm sure they do,"

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his neck as tears poured down my cheeks. "I'm never going back,"

He sighed and picked me up carefully. "How about some cake? Will that make you feel better?"

I nodded. "I like cake..."

"I know you do," he chuckled.

He carried me to the kitchen and set me down on the counter. I wiped my tears away the best I could.

~Time Skip~

Right now me and Rei-Chan are playing dollies in the library. Suddenly she sighed and set Wendy down.

I looked at her, confused. 'Rei? What's wrong?'

'Why did Raiden bring you home sleeping?'

'I fell asleep at school'

'Why was he sad then?'

'He was sad?'

She nodded. 'He didn't want to play with me because he was waiting for you to wake up...'

'Oh..' I set Tiana down. 'I'm sorry'

'I just wanna know what you did'

'I got into a fight with someone at school and Raiden took their side so I was angry and ran away, I fell asleep where I was hiding and woke up here' I sighed.

She shook her head. 'Why'd you get into a fight?'

'I don't wanna talk about it, actually I think it's bed time'