The Serious and The Stoic

I know, I know, the title is cringe

I know, I know, the title is cringe. But let's work with it, 'Just Call Me Cotton' is also cringe.

Okie dokie so I'm gonna start off with the summary which is brief and you can tell me how you feel about it.

It feels like I'm under water. I can hear you speaking but I can't find it within myself to care. I know I'm talking, but I can barely hear what I'm saying. I know I'm bleeding but for some reason, I can't feel the pain. I'm just numb.

I'm supposed to be saved by a night is shining armor. A carefree prince that can break me out of my stone cold faze, with an exuberant smile and heartfelt laugh.

But for some reason, it wasn't him. It was you.

It's very short, but I think it gets the point across.  Annnnd now the little sneak peak into the first chapter....

Chapter 1

You've never noticed me before. So what's different now? I stare at you, no I think, I'm staring through you as you spoke animatedly about some club you were thinking of starting.

"Will you join?" You ask finally, an exuberant smile plastered on your carefree face.

I take the time to look at you. "I don't see why not,"

And that's when it all started.

"Master Aiko, you're going to be late for school,"

I didn't bother to glance up at my butler. "I'll be down in a minute," I finished jotting my last thoughts into my journal.

He sighed and bowed and left. I found myself staring at the empty doorway for longer than I intended. After a few minutes, I tore myself away and stood, straightening out my blazer. I've been in the Host Club since the beginning but it almost feels like I haven't been there at all. I thought that being in the Host Club would pull me out of this underwater cage I'm trapped in but it hasn't, in fact, I think it just pushed me down further.

"Master Aiko, we're here," my driver spoke.

I looked out the opened car door to my driver. When did I get into the car? I stepped out was greeted by eager ladies who seem to find my my disability to care attractive. I glance around at them before walking past. I promised the new trainee, Haruhi, that I'd help him with his English assignment before school.

It was strange. He wasn't talking to me, he was talking to himself, giving himself a game plan for when he got home. I heard him mention an English assignment he wasn't too excited for and I offered to help. I didn't notice I spoke until he thanked me.

I reached the club room and saw that he was already there, in his Ouran uniform which is a big step up from what he wore when I first met him.

"Thank you so much for helping me, Aiko-Senpai,"

I nodded. "It's fine, I don't help people often," I sat across from him. "I'll proof read what you have," I reached for the packet in front of him and he handed me a red pen.

I read over his essay and made corrections, it took longer than it actually felt. I read and wrote but I wasn't paying attention. The world had fogged over.

"Thank you again, Senpai, this means a lot,"

I looked up at Haruhi who already had his bag packed. I glanced at the table and saw the essay or pen wasn't there anymore.

"Not a problem," I mumbled and looked out the window.

"You should head to class, or you'll be late,"

I stood. "Yes, of course," and followed him out.

I was in my class before I could blink and I was already sitting. Everyone was talking loudly, waiting for the teacher, but their voices seemed to fade away, and sound a lot like the dull rush of the ocean, the waves rolling onto the sand.

"Good morning, Aiko," Tamaki turned around in his seat and gave me one of his shining bright smiles.

He had one of those smiles that you couldn't help but want to see all the time.

"Good morning,"

He's the only person that makes me wish I remembered how to smile. Every time he's near, it's like I can see the surface.

He turned away to face forward as the teacher came into the class.

But the surface is out of reach.

...

So what do you think? Will you read it? If you do want to give it a shot, chapters 1-3 should be posted by the time you finish reading this, enjoy!

Oh oh! Almost forgot this is in fact bxb, please don't read if you're not interested in that, thank you all so so much for reading!

Sorry for typos! Ciao!