Chapter 16

*Cottons POV*

"Eve-Chan, Eve-Chan, Eve-Chan,"

"God I made a mistake helping you. What??"

"Where's Ume-chan?"

"Well he's been a bit depressed with you ignoring him all day, so I'd say.... he's somewhere you're not. Now go play with dolls or something, I'm trying to focus,"

"Okay..." I pouted and dragged my feet toward the couch.

I sat down and started to play with Beelzenef Jr. When suddenly Umehito burst into the room and went straight to me, picking me up in his arms and exiting the club room.

"U—Ume-Chan??"

He gave me a silencing look and I closed my mouth, staring at him with wide eyes. He took me out to the garden and went all the way to the gazebo in the middle. He had a bunch of different kinds of cake set up there. I looked at him in confusion as he set me down on my feet.

"I—I'm sorry... for grabbing you so suddenly..." he mumbled. "This is for you," he motioned to all the cake.

"Will you eat it with me?" I asked.

"I Uh, I'm not a big fan of sweets,"

"Aw c'mon, there has to be a kind of cake you like?" I smiled at him.

"Well... carrot cake?"

My eyes sparkled happily. "Me too!" I grabbed his hand and dragged him to sit with me at the gazebo.

He smiled lightly at me. "Does this mean you won't ignore me anymore?"

I froze while reaching for cake. "I... guess so..." I said hesitantly.

He smiled happily. "I'm glad,"

I blushed lightly, grabbing my carrot cake started to eat. "Yeah..."

He started to shift nervously, making me look at him.

"Cotton... uhm... I really do... uhm... I do like you..." he hid under the darkness of his cloak shyly.

I tilted my head. "I like you too, Ume-chan,"

He looked at me. "You do?"

"Yes! You're a very good friend!" I giggled happily.

His face fell a bit. "No... Cotton... not like that..."

"Huh? Then how?"

He gently grabbed my face and kissed my forehead, keeping his lips there for a moment longer than necessary. My face went red hot. He pulled away and smiled at me.

"You are more beautiful... than any wax doll I've ever seen..."

"Oh... uh... thank you..." I mumbled shyly.

He cleared his throat and released his gentle hold on my face. "I'm going to try a bite of your cake," he mumbled, grabbing my fork.

I grabbed the fork from him and smiled at him. "I feed you!"

His eyes widened slightly. "Oh, uh—"

"Say ahh," I held up the fork to his lips.

He adverted his eyes with a light blush and opened his mouth, taking the bite. I smiled happily.

"Ume-chan, you know you are very cute~" I giggled.

He blushed more. "I like to think of myself as more ominous and mysterious,"

"Hm, that too, but once you get past that, you see how cute you are~"

He looked around. "Please don't call me cute in public, someone might hear," he mumbled.

I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'll call you cute whenever and where ever, Okay?" I said seriously.

He looked at me with wide eyes but quickly nodded.

I grinned and jumped up, hugging him tightly. "I like you too, Ume-chan~ a lot!"

He wrapped his arms around me. "I'm glad,"

"I'm here working my ass off, for a ritual that isn't even for me and you two are just making out and eating cake. That is not fucking fair," Eve sat across from us and started shoving cake in her mouth.

Umehito didn't let go of me, even though Eve was there and that made me very happy. It's weird, when I'm with Umehito, my tummy has butterflies and I get really really happy. It took me a bit to find out that I like Ume-Chan, Raiden won't be very happy.

Wait, is Umehito.... my boyfriend now? A-Are we gonna hold hands.... all the time?? At the thought my face went beat red.

I've never had a boyfriend before... what do boyfriends and girlfriends do? Hold hands... and eat cake and... and talk... and... hug... for a long time.

"Imma take a nap," I mumbled, cuddling close to Umehito.

"Huh? Here?"

"Mhm... imma take a nap here,"

"Okay..." he adjusted his arms around me.

I closed my eyes with a happy smile and fell asleep.

Another filler chapter and also really really short! I usually make it a goal to reach at least 1000 words but I only got to 730 this time. So super sorry and this is also a filler chapter buuuut I wanted to write it and I really love Umehito and Shihiro together

Question of the chapter!

What is your favorite quote?

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why we call it the present." -Winnie the Pooh

Sorry for typos! Bye bye!