Chapter 17

TRIGGER WARNING- MENTIONS OF RAPE/ABUSE/ SUCIDE AND OTHER STUFF

Chapter 17- Why do you keep pushing me away ?
Song-pictures of girls By wallows

Finns POV
I looked at Millie as she looked up at the staircase in awe. Then her head turned to me. She smiles softly with what seemed like heart eyes? I was shocked but happy at this sudden mood. "You wanna go up?" I ask her tentatively biting my lip and smiling at the same time. "Hell yeah" she says almost a whisper.

We walked up the staircase all the way to the top floor. There was a balcony and a sofa bed, there were covers on the outer edge that I open with the click of a button. They're like automatic curtains just for a light house so when it rains the stuff inside doesn't get ruined l. The grand light was above the balcony, obviously not on as it was a private lighthouse. There's a mini swing like basket thing and some other stuff like a record player and a whole basket of my favourite records.

(SOFA IS COUCH ITS JUST BRITIH TERMINOLOGY)

"Wow, I love what you've done with the place it's really cool" she says sitting on the sofa bed that was now a sofa. "Thanks I designed it myself" she seemed impressed. I sat down next to her, laying out the food on the mini coffee table in-front  of us. I take the ice cold beer out of the packet and hand millie one and take in for myself. I grab two fluffy blankets handing one to millie "thanks" she says softly. I smile a response placing a blanket over my own lap.

It was a chilly November evening, with cold beers in our hands blankets covering us from the cold and looking out towards the sun setting on the horizon on the sea. It was beautiful, something amazing, but what made it all the more better was millie in that view.

She lifts her head up smiling at the sun as the soft wind blows through her chocolate locks, her hazel eyes glimmering in the setting sun. The tint of the pink sky reflecting in her eyes and her face. She was a piece of art. Most of all, she was just a girl, a girl who I think I have fallen for. She wasn't just gorgeous in the outside, she was heart of gold in the inside. At that moment all I wanted to do was kiss her. But I knew I couldn't. Not yet...

Instead of hiding my feelings, I let my mouth speak my mind without thinking. I was practically gaping and drooling at her beauty.

My mouth started talking without even thinking.
"Pretty..." I blurt out.
She smiles turning her head, me not being sure if she heard me or not. "Hm?" She hums as a question as she looks at me confused with her head tilted like an adorable puppy.
"I said pretty" there was a long pause as I had drifted off in shock of what I had just said.
"PRETTY GOOD VIEW" I say stuttering.

Damn finn why you gotta be so dumb for though? I mentally face palm. Luckily Millie didn't realise. "Yeah I know it's awesome" millie says looking up at the pink and purple facade of the sky and the golden sun as she takes a swig from her beer. I do the same, tasting the sweet and savoury liquid go down my throat, as it pleases my thirst.

"So? Millie what's your family like?" I ask trying to stir up conversation. Her face fell immediately like a ton of bricks. I was confused and panicked "did I - uh Did I- did I do something wrong mills?" I ask in concern. "No nothing don't worry let's just watch the sunset" she says sternly.

I say No more. Say something Finn, if you wanna prove her ask her. Don't leave her hanging. Few minutes pass. The sun has fully set and Millie has been looking up to the sky with worry for the past 10 minutes.

Without warning, I ask "what's the matter millie?" I ask softly "nothing" she says sternly.

"It can't be nothing, ever since I asked you that question your face fell" I say in a monotone voice. "I said it's nothing, leave me alone" she says even harsher now.