the thirty-ninth day;

THE THIRTY—NINTH DAY;

DOCTOR POLLARD SCRATCHES at his throat.

"I'm sending you back to therapy, and referring you to a specialist this time," nodding, he's pleased with the diagnosis he's made. "Your anxiety has become aggressive once more, so I suggest you should start taking your medication again. However, this specialist I'm referring your to, Dr. Juniper Preposi, will be able to tell you more about what will help your anxiety."

Stoically, I blink at the man, thinking he put himself in thousands of pounds of debt, just to sit in front of a teenage girl with anxiety.

I don't want to go to therapy again, I whisper in my head, watching his scribble something down in his notes, before clicking against the keys of his iMac.

"Your appointment is next Saturday at midday, this was the earliest and fastest referral I could make," he smiles, it seems so forced that he's trying to make me smile myself. But I don't. I feel too empty. "Please do not miss this appointment."

"I won't," I give him a firm nod of my head, watching him print off a slip of paper with my appointment date.

"Good," nodding back, he passes me the slip of paper before returning to his desk. "Other than your anxiety, which your mother tells me isn't doing so well, I think the rest of your body is in mint condition, and your scars are healing perfectly."

Cosmic, I grit my teeth and give a forced and unheeded nod. "Just get my anxiety on track?"

Pollard smiles crookedly, the sterile air almost as clean as that smug grin of his. "Yes, lets get your anxiety attended to. But don't forget your appointments with me."

How can I?

—————————————————————

[ a.n ]

• i want this story to be flexible and diverse, and i don't want to give long extensive chapters where im feeding you information line by line. i want this novel to be annoying and irritating because you want the answers WHICH ARE SOMETIMES RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, but i want this novel to mean something to me.

we haven't seen dr. pollard for a while so i had to bring him back for a return. also a double update bcs i felt so bad for not updating for so long!!

pronunciations:

01: DR. PREPOSI [PRE—PO—ZEE]

— — —

thank you for reading.

please vote, comment and share.

also add to your reading lists and library.

much love and appreciation.

NARITA 🧡