the fortieth day;

THE FORTIETH DAY;

NEW TEXT FROM NERO:

can i come over today?
read at 12:05 pm.

of course, what time?
✓read at 12:07 pm.

i'll be over in like 20.
read at 12:11 pm.

i'll see you in 20
✓sent.

➖➖➖

NERO ARRIVED PROMPTLY at my door step, at half twelve; just as he said he would. What he forgot to tell me, was that he'd be bringing along a bouquet of orange lilies the size of Pluto.

Stunned, I look at the lilies with wide eyes, before offering him a just as shocked smile. "You brought flowers," chortling awkwardly, I reach on my tiptoes and press a chaste kiss against his cheeks in thanks. "They're beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you," Nero pecks my mouth softly, the flowers falling limp as he presses them into my chest. I blush as he cups my rose—gold tinted cheek, rubbing his thumb under my eye; which is dark and tired. "You're so beautiful, Fawn, so dangerously beautiful."

"Stop," I mumble with embarrassment, which floods my cheeks the colour red. The pair of us are a smiling mess, sandwiching a bouquet of expensive flowers between us as we run our hands over each other's bodies.

We trace every nook and crevice we find, realising how starved we are of each other. How thirsty we can be for the other persons adoration and appreciation, as Nero pressed open mouth and wet kisses along my neck and collarbones.

"Oh hell!"

I rush away from Nero instantly, my cheeks maroon with mortification was Blake covers his eyes with one of his hands. "Jesus— not on the doorstep! Mum and dad are due home any minute."

"Blake," snarling, I press my cheek against Nero's shoulder as he winds an around my back. "We've missed each other," I justify, looking up at Nero as he digs his fingers softly in my waist.

"Yeah, well, I don't want you getting knocked up at the age of seventeen," squealing with humiliation, I shake my head at Blake who's wagging a stern finger in Nero's face. "No inseminating my sister whilst I'm gone. Do I make myself clear?"

"Sir, yes sir," Nero salutes, clicking his heels together for affect as he gives me a cheeky, heart melting wink.

However the words whilst I'm gone falling from Blake's lips make me surprised. "Wait, you're going out?" Frowning, I tilt my head as my intrigue piques. "Where too?"

Grinning boyishly to me, Blake pretends to brush some dust from his shoulders. "I've got a date, with the cutest pink—haired girl in the whole of England."

Nero smirks, holding out a fist for Blake to bump. "You finally asked Pink out? Good on you."

"You knew he liked Pink?" Surprise laces my voice, as I watch Blake apprehensively fist bump Nero. I can sense the repulsion on Blake's half of the exchange; still not forgiving Nero for leaving me during my anxiety attack. "What— Since when?"

Shrugging Nero says, "it's clear as day to see that the pair of them like each other, I'm just surprised that it's taken them this long to go on a date."