s e v e n

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉—𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉
—𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩—

     𝘽𝙍𝙔𝘾𝙀 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘿𝘼𝙉𝙉𝙔 walk hand-in-hand down the long sidewalk to her temporary home, the woman's heels clicking against the pavement. The breeze of the pier blows by the two of them, along with it coming the sound of the water crashing on the land in the near distance. Since Bryce had arrived here, she hadn't gotten the chance to visit the beach, nor did she have the chance to swim.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Danny asks, stopping the brunette to place his hands on her hips. A wide grin spreads across his lips, as well as a twinkle appearing in his eyes. "We should study at the beach, and go swimming afterwards."

"Don't you think you'll get a little distracted while we're there?" She raises an eyebrow. "It'd be hard to focus with groups of people running around and having fun. Wouldn't you be tempted to ditch it all to have fun?"

"I'm always distracted when you're around, but in a good way. And there's no way I'd ditch you for anyone else. So I think I'll be fine," he replies. "Are you down for it? It'll be so much fun, I promise."

Bryce looks over his excited face, sighing as she rolls her eyes teasingly. "I guess we could go for a bit. But you'll have to work extra hard."

Danny pulls her into a tight embrace, laughing in joy. "You won't regret this, I know it. Now go get your bathing suit on, and I'll meet you back here in ten minutes."

"You expect me to be out in ten minutes?" She hesitates, a smile on her lips. "Danny! You know you can't rush perfection. It takes me a while to pick something out, let alone try it on and see if it actually works. I'll need two hours at least."

For a moment, Danny seems taken aback. But, nonetheless, he nods, clearing his throat as he agrees with her. "Uh‒ yeah! Of course, I'm sorry. I can wait a couple hours, if that's what you need."

"Danny, I'm just teasing," she bursts into giggles, shaking her head as his cheeks turn red. "I'll definitely meet you back here in ten minutes. Maybe even eight. But make sure you bring some books and notebooks."

Danny can't help but chuckle as she turns away, waving as she disappears into the house. A smile grows on his face, his heart warming at the thought of spending the rest of day with her. Maybe‒ just maybe‒ things were beginning to fall into place after all for the pilot.

As Bryce rushes up the stairs, she passes by an open door. The brunette stops for a moment, stepping back and peeking into Evelyn's room. Evelyn is perched on a seat in front of her desk, solely focused on the paper in front of her. She writes with care, undoubtedly putting work into her cursive letter.

"Are you writing a letter to Rafe?" Bryce asks, leaning against the door frame. "I thought you only wrote to him on Tuesdays."

"Sometimes I miss him in between," Evelyn shrugs in response, her eyes not lifting from the page. "It's easier to put it all into words instead of holding it in. I'm in love with him, and I never got to tell him before he left."