e l e v e n

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉—𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉
—𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳—

     𝘽𝙍𝙔𝘾𝙀 𝘿𝙔𝙇𝘼𝙉'𝙎 𝙉𝙀𝙓𝙏 few days went by too fast to notice that Evelyn hadn't gone to work. She couldn't focus on how her raven-haired friend was doing because of the significant amount of paperwork that stacked up as the hours went on. The brunette was beginning to fall behind because of the newfound stress on her shoulders, and she could barely handle it on her own— she definitely needed that assistant the commander was speaking of. But maybe, just maybe, she felt too prideful to ask . . . yet she would never admit it.

"That's an awful lot of work, don't you think?" Danny taps on her office door twice before entering and pulling off his pilot cap. "Maybe I could help you out so we can take some time off together. I've been missing you, sugar. You're always cramped up in this little room with nothing but files to go through."

"I'd really enjoy some fresh air, but I think it's up to me to do this on my own," Bryce sighs, bowing her head as she continues to write on the document in her grasp. "The commander already thinks pretty lowly on my abilities to work, I wouldn't want him to find someone joining in to take care of this load."

"But that's exactly what you need," the man points out, moving to take the seat directly in front of her desk. He quickly snatches the ballpoint pen from her hand, before intertwining their fingers and looking into her eyes. "Bryce, do you honestly believe that the commander does all of his paperwork by himself? I bet he's got at least three assistants helping him."

"And that's exactly why I don't need one— to show that I'm not as weak as I seem." She states, her heart fluttering as he places a gentle kiss to her knuckles. "I'm sorry, Danny. I just can't."

"What if I talked to him about it? Maybe he's not purposefully doing it. Carter could easily assign someone to cover for you while you're away," he bargains, his eyes alight with hope that she would take some consideration into his suggestion.

"Don't you have pilot training to do?" Bryce chuckles, shaking her head.

"Aren't you supposed to be teaching about medical things for the battlefield?" He shoots back, raging an eyebrow and trying to contain a triumphant grin.

"Why should I do it when Rose has been doing such a lovely job?" She counters, clicking her tongue. "She loves it, actually, and I'd rather not force her back into this office so I can get my freedom again to teach all of you."

"But technically, she's filling in for the job that you were assigned. So technically, it's waiting on you. I've already talked with Rose, and she prefers to be in here. The pilots are too flirty with her, and for some reason, she can't keep their attention. Ever."