t w e l v e

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀—𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀
—𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴—

𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙎 𝘽𝙍𝙔𝘾𝙀 𝙒𝘼𝙎 dreaming; maybe she had been for a while, and just hadn't gotten the sweet pleasure to wake up by the wails of her alarm clock. Or maybe it was something else more serious- a comatose state that she was trapped inside, doomed to forever dream of a life and love that could never possibly exist in a world like this. Or this was the afterlife, and she had somehow passed in her sleep quite a while ago and she hadn't realized it yet. But Bryce Dylan knew, deep down in her heart, that there weren't princes outside of books and stories, at least not the knight-in-shining-armor ones. Because those princes saved women in distress and turned their lives into one that an ordinary little girl could only imagine having- they swooped in to save the day, and everyone lived happily ever after in the end.

But this was real life. Despite what she had thought, this wasn't a dream, or a coma, or even the afterlife; that was something she'd have to face the consequences for. Something always went wrong, Bryce learned from a young age. There would always be a wicked witch or evil force in the story that brought down the castle after everything was perfect and peaceful. And now that she was staring into the honey-colored eyes of Danny, she swallows back her pride, and the urge to say 'but I'm scared to love you'.

"I don't deserve you," Bryce murmurs, placing her warm hand upon his cheek. He places his over hers, leaning into her touch. "I'm so in love with you, Danny. And maybe it's too early to admit that, but I've never felt this way about anyone in my life, and this is one thing I've been sure about since the day you showed up at my home with flowers in your hand. I love everything about you."

Danny couldn't have been more relieved- in fact, he was blushing, and a wide grin was tugging at his lips. All of the worry that he had previously contained was now released, along with a sigh of complete and utter contentment. This was what he had been waiting for. Oh, if only Rafe could've still been there with him; Danny had so much to tell him, but no time to do it in. His heart ached, but it felt complete at the same time- Rafe was in a better place now, and was most likely cheering for him from above.

"Now that we've gotten that over with," Danny says, his voice dropping a bit as he smiles. "Do you think this pilot would be lucky enough to get a kiss?"

Bryce giggles, shaking her head as she placed her forehead against his. Shock waves radiated through her body, like soothing little pinpricks that somehow erupted in the spot where their skin met. And so she took him by the collar, closed her eyes, and pulled his lips to hers.

Bryce's body was on fire- a warm sensation spreading in her chest, and spreading throughout every ounce of her being. It was sweet and smooth, like melted chocolate. His lips were soft against hers, and moved perfectly in sync. But as the moments ticked on, she knew that she would have to pull away to take a breath. If this was what drowning felt like, Bryce didn't think she'd ever come back up for air.