f i f t e e n

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉—𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉
—𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦—

     𝘿𝘼𝙉𝙉𝙔 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙍𝘼𝙁𝙀 had taken out the remaining Japanese bomber aircrafts. It wasn't without difficulty, because of course they both could've died along the way, but they made it, and that's all that mattered at the moment. They are both currently entering the hospital, moving past all of the injured victims to find Evelyn and Bryce. Danny's heart aches, only imagining all the things Bryce had seen today, and wished with everything in him that she didn't have to. She was too pure for something like this— to even know about something like this.

And to think, she could've gotten hurt . . . no. He couldn't think about something like that, because something inside him told him that she was okay, and bustling away with Evelyn at her side. But when Rafe finds Evelyn, Bryce isn't with her.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Rafe says to Evelyn, pulling her into his chest. "Where are your friends? Where's Bryce?"

"Alyssa . . . she didn't make it," Evelyn's voice cracks as her eyes find Danny. "And Bryce— she got shot. She's down the hall, Danny. The moment Candice brought her in, I sent the surgeon to help with her. But he . . . he should be finished by now."

Danny felt as though he had been the one that got shot. His heart burned, and suddenly he couldn't breathe. Without another glance at the couple, he takes off in the direction Evelyn had pointed him in. Glancing into every room he passed, Danny tried to keep himself upright. He stops at the last open door, freezing when he finds Candice sitting in a chair, crying over a limp body on a hospital bed. He swallows, before entering.

Candice glances at him upon hearing his footsteps, standing from her spot. "Danny, thank God you're here. Bryce is awake."

Danny notices the cast on Candice's foot first, then the blood that stained the cloth of her shirt. But not only that; it was on her jeans, covering her hands, and smudged on the side of her face. It was absolutely everywhere. And since Candice wasn't wounded, that could only mean one thing— all of it had came from Bryce. He wanted to ruin all of Japan. He wanted to yell at the top of his lungs, to destroy the person that dared to do this to her, to his Bryce. The woman that he was going to marry one day, who would be the mother to his children, who he would spend the rest of his life with.

That person had tried to take her away from him.

"Bryce," his voice shakes as he steps over to the bed, scanning her.

"Danny?" She asks, her voice cracking in her throat. "You're here?"

She felt as if a weight was lifted from her shoulders as she sees him; but Bryce was having a rough time breathing, and could still feel all of the pain she had when the bullet had first entered her body. The woman couldn't describe the pain in words if she had to— but, to put it simply, it hurt ten times worse than any pain she had ever felt in her lifetime. But now that Danny was here, some of it subsided, as she had something else to focus on other than the throbbing that came from her torso.