It's Been A While

ily bitch
I ain't ever gonna stop
loving you
bitch

That is an
interesting way to tell
someone you love them.
but i love you too Jaren.

I laugh and close my phone. Jaren has been in Canada for the past six months while I'm in California. We haven't seen each other since he went back to Canada, so the only way we really communicate is texting and FaceTiming, which usually ends in one of us falling asleep. I walk to the kitchen and put my phone on the counter, getting ready for Jaren to call me. I start making come Ramen when I hear his ringtone. I slide and accept the call.

"Helllllllloooooooo (Y/N)!" I laugh and say a quick hello back. "Whatcha doing there?"

"Making food. Whatcha doing Jaren?" He explains that he's editing a video with John, Cameron and all of them. "Sound so fun." He laughs and sarcastically agrees.

"Hey Y/N?" I look at the camera.

"What's up?" He smiles when he sees my face.

"I miss you." I frown.

"I miss you more Jaren." For the rest of the night we talk about everything. We talked about what to do the next time we see each other, he tried to convince me to move to Canada with him, and most importantly, we talked about the newest memes. But, it came to the time where I wanted to shower and go to bed.

"We'll see each other soon. I promise." I smile and nod. "I'll make sure it happens (Y/N). I love you."

"I love you too Jaren." We said our goodbyes and hung up. I sigh and rub my face. I hate saying goodbye to him. I hate being so far away from him. I hate that the only way we can communicate is over the phone. I groan and clean my dish and jump in the shower. We'll see each other again. He promised.

***

I finish the last bit of makeup as I hum along to my music. Craig called me and said that a bunch of friends are in California to hang out at his new house. We're gonna go get dinner then chill at his and Sami's new place for a while. It's now been a year since I've seen Jaren and it sucks, a lot. But tonight, I'm not going to let that stop me. I plan on having a good time, even if he isn't there. I shut my music off when I get a text from Craig, saying that Sami and him are here to pick me up. I text him a quick okay and slip on my shoes. I grab my house keys and rush down the stairs.

"(Y/N)! I fucking missed you!" Sami says as she hugs me.

"I just walked out the door of my apartment building Sami! But I missed you too! You know you can come over whenever you like, right?" She laughs and drags me to the car.

"I know. I've just been too lazy to get up." We look at each other a burst out laughing.

"Come on you two!" Craig yells from the car. We both get in and Craig takes off. "So have you talked to lover boy lately?" I frown, but instantly erase it from my face.

"We talked a few days ago. He's been super busy lately so we've only been texting." Craig asks what has him so busy and I shrug. "Computer issues. He had to buy a new computer because his other one kept messing up or something." Craig frowns.

"You guys are so strong. I can't stand to be apart from Craig. You guys have been apart for a year now, right?" I nod. "That's insane..." I shrug again.

"Jaren and I chose to do a long distance relationship. With me busy in California and him busy in Canada with his life and YouTube, we knew this was going to happen."

"You guys are such a good couple." Sami look at me and smiles. "My number one ship!" We laugh and talk about everything and anything.

***