Stop Screaming and Hold My Hand

"I don't know. You know how I get when I'm scared shitless." I say, poking at my food.

"Come on (Y/N), please?" Cameron begs. I shake my head and smile. "I'm only in Canada for so long, do this for your best friend." I look at Cameron and smile.

"If it will get you to stop wining like a baby, I'll go." I say as a take a bite of my lasagna. Cameron quietly celebrates to himself and pulls his phone out. "Hey, you're only in Canada for so long Cam." I say, mocking him. He rolls his eyes and puts his phone away.

"Okay (Y/N), let's talk about your love life." I groan and take a big sip of my wine.

"I take that back, text your friends." Cameron laughs and rolls his eyes.

"Stop that. We are best friends after all. Tell me the juicy details!" I sigh.

"I will share when we get home." He nods.

"I will hold you to it (Y/N)." I laugh and shake my head. Of course he will.

***

I cringe as the cold water touches my face.

"Everyone is on their way (Y/N)!" Cameron yells from my living room.

"Okay! I'm washing my face right now!" I yell back. Cameron is in Canada visiting for a while. Instead of getting a hotel, he just decided to stay with me. It was easier money wise, and we have been best friends for a while now. Through him I'd actually how I meant everyone. Jaren, John, Toby, all of them. Speaking of John and Toby, they're here visiting too. I dry my face off and hear the door open. I quickly brush my teeth and make my way to the living room.

"There is my favorite gamer girl!" I hear as I enter the living room. John pulls me into a big hug and kisses my cheek.

"And there is my favorite shitty youtuber. I haven't seen you in forever!" I say. John nods, agreeing with me. He opens his mouth to say something, but Tony interrupts.

"Hey, where is my hug?" I laugh and wrap my arms around his neck. He hugs me tight, and smiles.

"God I've missed you Toby." I say. He smiles and says the same to me.

"Okay, Okay, enough with the reconnecting, we have to get to the haunted house." Cameron says, rushing us out the door. Toby walks beside John, leaving me to walk by Jaren.

"How's it going?" I say to Jaren, playfully elbowing him. He laughs and smiles.

"Amazing now that I'm surrounded by friends." Jaren says, playfully elbowing me back.

"I've missed you, you know." I tell Jaren. He nods and pulls me into a side hug.

"I've missed you too (Y/N)."

***

I laugh as Cameron and Toby exit one of the buildings, screaming.

"I don't think I will ever get over Cameron screaming." John says, patting him on the back.

"Honestly. Your screams are so girly." Jaren says, wiping a tear from his eye.

"Okay Jaren. Go in there then." Cameron says, lightly shoving him towards the entrance.

"Fuck that. I'm not going in there alone." Jaren says.

"(Y/N) will go with you!" Josh says, pushing me towards Jaren.

"No I thi-" I start, but Toby cuts me off.

"Just go in you big babies!" Jaren and I look at each other and laugh.

"Fine. Peace out bitches!" I say, dragging Jaren in the entrance. The line isn't too short to get in, so it doesn't take us long to actually get in the building. As soon as we get in, I already feel my heart beating.

"This isn't so ba-" Jaren starts, but gets cut off by someone jumping out at us. We both scream, and jump back.

"I regret all my decisions." I say, jumping at the smallest noise. Another guys pops out of the wall, and I back into Jaren, screaming.

"Stop screaming and hold my hand!" Jaren says. I grab his hand without a though and intertwine our fingers. He smiles at me, but it soon turns into a scared look as some demon looking ass pig starts chasing us. We quickly make our way through the building, and exit with our hands still together. When we get out, the boys aren't standing where they were before.

"Where did they go?" Jaren asks, looking just as confused as I am.

"I have no ide-" I say, but John jumps out from behind a hay stack. I scream, and Jaren pulls me into him.

"Guys look! I scared her into Jaren's arms!" John says, motioning Cameron and Toby to look. Jaren wrap his other arm around me and rubs my back.

"Let's just get ice cream and leave because I'm over this shit." Jaren says, still holding me. The three other boys walk ahead of us as Jaren and I walk close behind.

"I'm sorry." I tell Jaren.

"For what? It was an instinct to pull you into me when John jumped out, don't apologize." Jaren replies.

"I was clenching onto your jacket and your hand throughout the haunted thing, and then I'm sure I squeezed your hand when John jumped out." I say, laughing.

"It's fine (Y/N). Don't worry."

***

I jump when I head a knock on my bedroom door.

"You still awake?" I hear from the other side.

"Yeah." I quietly say. I watch the door open, and see Jaren poke his head in.

"Mind if I chill in here? I can't sleep." He asks. I nod and pat the bed beside me. He quietly shuts the door and hops on the bed next to me. He gets under the comforter and looks at me.

"Why can't you sleep?" Jaren asks. I shrug.

"Not ties I guess. You?" Jaren gives me the same response.

"Wanna know something (Y/N)?" Jaren asks, breaking the silence that took over.

"What's up?" Jaren sits up and looks at me.

"You're the cutest thing ever when scared. You are always adorable, but you clenched onto me like your life depended on it was cute." Jaren says. I feel my cheeks heat up. I'm glad it's pitch dark.

"Is that why you agreed to go into the haunted thing with me?" I ask. He quietly says yeah, and pulls the comforter away from my face. "What?"

"Get up loser." Jaren says. I laugh and sit up across from him. I look up at him, waiting.

"Why did I have to get up?" I ask.

"Because of this." Jaren says. He scoots close to me and pulls me into him, placing his lips on mine. I kiss back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulls back, smiling. "That was so worth the wait."

I laugh. "Shut up and kiss me again."

"Gladly." He reconnects our lips and lays me down on my back. His hands travel up my body as he breaks the kiss again. "Are you okay with this?" Jaren asks. Instead of responding with words, I simply remove my shirt and throw it on the ground.

"Does this answer your question?" I ask.

"Fuck (Y/N). You're going to be the end of me." He says before kissing me harshly. What we did that night made me clench his hand harder than I did at the haunted house.

***

hello my boyfriend and i are celebrating our one year this month im so insanely happy. also enjoy the dirty ending ;)
(this is a little late for spooky times buts it's ok.)
- bryleigh