Sorry Isn't Enough

I wipe my eyes as I hear the front door to Jaren and I's home open.

You're strong (Y/N). Don't cry in front of him.

I rub away the tears on my cheeks and get off our bed. I open the door and start marching towards the living room. I look in from the doorway to see Jaren scrolling through his phone.

"Nice of you to finally show up." I cross my arms. Jaren turns around and smiles at me.

"There you are! It was so quiet in the house I thought you were gone." Jaren says. He gets up and makes his way to me, but stops when he sees my puffy eyes. "Hey, are you okay? Come he-" he opens his arms to hug me but I move out of the way.

"Tell me it's not true." I quietly say, looking down.

"What? What's not true?" Jaren goes to grab my hands but I move them away.

"Tell me it's not true." When I say it this time, I'm looking into his eyes. My vision starts to get blurry.

"What do you mean ba-"

"Tell me it's not true Jaren!" I yell, spinning around so he doesn't see the tears fall from my eyes. I hear him sigh behind me.

"(Y/N), listen it was a mistake. I promise. We were all drunk and one thing lea-" I turn around, not caring if he sees me crying over this.

"Okay yeah. A mistake huh." I huff as I feel the anger bubbling up. "Fucking another woman is totally a mistake." I walk up to him and put a finger on his chest.

"You knew what you were doing." I push him.

"You knew this would hurt me". I push him again.

"You knew that fucking one of my friends was going to come back and bite you in the ass." I push him again. He almost falls backwards, but catches himself on the corner of the couch.

"Can we talk this out? Please?" He looks at me with a frown. I laugh and turn around, walking towards our, well, now his room.

"Oh you don't need to explain yourself. What Lillian told me tells me everything I need to know." I walk in the room, grab my suitcase and walk straight back out towards the door.

"Please! Don't leave! I can make it up to you!" Jaren goes to block the doorway, but I slip out of the door just in time.

"Just call Lillian if you need someone to have fun with." I put my suitcase in the backseat and slam the door. I open the passenger side door of my friends car when Jaren yells for me to wait. I sigh and look up at him, standing at the doorway.

"I was going to propose to you today. After dinner tonight. I was going to take you to our spot out in the park, where we first kissed."

My eyes start to well up with tears. Is this just a backup to keep me, or was he really going to? I bite my bottom lip and shake my head.

"Well, it's too late now. I would've wanted to marry you, to be able to be your forever if you didn't do the only thing I asked you not to do, especially with my best friend." I wipe a tear away. "But you fucked it up. You fucked all of that up. Just because you couldn't keep it in your pants. Just sell the god damn thing." I get into my friends car, but take one last glance at the man who broke my heart. He stands at the doorway, distraught. I bite my lip hard, to the point where I think I broke open my lip as she backs out of the driveway. I pull my phone out and call John. He answers in one ring, like he was expecting my call.

"Don't say anything. Jaren just texted me. I have the room ready for you." I sigh. John literally is the best thing to happen to me right now.

"Thank you so much." I smile at my friend, Miranda, when she grabs my free hand and squeezes it.

"It's no problem. You're one of the most important people in my life (Y/N). I'd do anything for you. In fact, when you get here, we'll go out to dinner or something, okay?"

I roll my eyes, letting a smile break my frown. "Okay. I'll see you in a bit." We say our goodbyes, and hang up. I look over at Miranda and smile.

"Don't say a word. You were there for me when I found out that my ex-husband got another woman pregnant." I sigh, remembering me and her sleeping on the floor of Jaren's living room because I refused to let her sleep alone.

"I'm gonna miss you Miranda." I squeeze her hand and frown.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm thinking about moving anyways. That house is getting to big for just one person. Maybe we can be roommates." She pulls into the parking lot of the airport and flashes me a quick smile.

"I'd enjoy that." She pulls into a parking spot and sighs.

"I love you (Y/N). You're my best friend. Actually, you're like my sister." I smile and lean over to hug her. She kisses my cheek and pulls away. "Here, take this." She puts a bracelet in the palm of my hand. I look down to see tiny squares with pictures of us in them. I smile and look up at her.

"I didn't ge-" she shakes her head and shows me her left hand. On her wrist is the same bracelet.

"It's no worries, okay? Now get out of her before you miss your flight." I smile and give her one last hug and make my way into the airport.

***

I roll my eyes as John complains about the weather.

"It's too hot. I feel like I'm sweating my fucking balls off." I choke on my rice as I laugh. We're dating Chinese takeout. We were supposed to go out to dinner but John won't go out in the heat.

"Literally the last time we went out to eat was a month ago, when I got here. You realize that right?" He takes a bite of his food and shrugs.

"And when we got back home, you cried while I held you on the couch." I sigh and put my food down.

"It hurt. It still does." I look out the living room window. I hear John sit down his food and make his way to me on the couch. He sits down next to me and pulls me into his side. I lay my head on him and frown.

"You guys were in a relationship for three years when you found out what he did (Y/N)." I nod and close my eyes, trying to get my mind off of him. It's hard to. I loved him. Hell, I still do. But I'm not going to go back to him after what he did. I can't.

"I wish he didn't do it." I feel John pull me close to him as his gently kisses the top of my head.

"I do to sister." I open my mouth to say something, but get interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Are we expecting anyone?" I ask John. He shakes his head, clearly just as confused as I am. "Can you get it?" John laughs and looks at me.

"Fuck you lazy ass." I roll my eyes. Well, thats clearly his answer. I get up, not caring that my hair is in a messy ponytail and I'm wearing a pair of pajama shorts and a t-shirt. It is Sunday, so it's clearly lazy day. Not even caring, I open the door. My eyes go wide as I realize who it is. It's the man who broke my heart a month ago. He has dark circles under his eyes, his hair is a mess,

and he's crying.

***

heck. mans. part 2? yes? should john be the new lover? anyways im not dead, i feel like it, but im not. school started and it's busy so that's why i haven't posted. lol shoot me :)
have ideas? comment!
- bryleigh