Sorry Isn't Enought Pt.2

My eyes go wide as I start at Jaren.

"Why are you here?" John asks from behind me. I feel his hand softly rub my back. Jaren sighs and runs his hand through his messy hair.

"Can I talk to (Y/N)?" He asks, his voice raspy. John looks at me, concerned.

"Let's go to my room to talk Jaren." I make my way towards my room, not even waiting for Jaren to follow. I open my door for Jaren, and close it behind me. Jaren sits on my bed as I stand by the door.

"(Y/N), please, hear me out." Jaren says. I sigh and slide down the the floor.

"What is there to hear Jaren? You cheated on me with my best friend." I quietly say. I hear Jaren sniffle as he rubs his temple.

"Lillian tried to talk to me again, but I cut her off. She is no longer part of anything (Y/N). Please, hear my side of the story." He says, sliding off the bed to the ground. He leans against the bed and crosses his legs. "All I ask from this is that you don't interrupt me, and that you'll listen. I understand if you don't want to take me back, but I want to at least get our friendship back (Y/N). You're the funniest, most creative person ever, and I don't want to lose you from my life forever." Jaren says.

"I will listen, I promise. Just, don't make this worse then it is." I say, moving to sit with my legs crossed. Jaren nods.

"That night is a whole blur. I don't remember anything after you left. I had thought I left with you. But I was later informed that I had stayed because some friends were visiting from America. According to them, Lillian wouldn't stop flirting, grabbing at me, and asking me to leave with her. I kept denying and denying, but she kept pushing." Jaren sighs and shakes his head. "Eventually, we all left, and the Uber dropped Lillian off before me. She wanted me to go upstairs with her, using the excuse that you left something there. I think she said it was some shirts or something you let her borrow." I groan, knowing that I did let her borrow a couple of shirts. Jaren looks up at me, and I look down.

"Sorry." I day. Jaren nods and keeps going.

"I went up there to get them, but when I walked in and asked where the shirts are, she kissed me. I pushed her away instantly, but she threw herself back on me. As you can guess, one thing led to another. After it instantly happened, I felt horrible. I insulted her, using terrible words as I was beating myself up. I got and Uber home, and passed out on the couch. I was going to tell you the next day, since you were asleep when I got home, but the next day I had that emergency with the guys. One of them wallet. And when I came back, I guess Lillian told you." Jaren finishes.

"Jaren...I..." I stop talking. I don't even know what to say. I want to forgive him, I really do. But should I?"

"I understand if you don't want to take me back, but I want to, at least, rekindle our friendship." Jaren hold his hand out for me to take it. I look at his hand, then at him. His eyes are watery, the bags under his eyes are the worst I've ever seen them, and his hair is all over the place, telling me he's not brushed it. I place my hand in his and squeeze.

"Jaren. I love you. I always will. And I want to forgive you. But it will take time." I say. Jaren nods, and let's go of my hand.

"I understand." We both get up and look at each other.

"I'm sorry Jaren." Jaren shakes his head.

"Don't apologize. I'm the one who messed everything up (Y/N)." I hold my arms out, and he accepts, hugging me tight.

"I love you Jaren." I say into his chest.

"I love you too (Y/N)."

***

I smile as John pretends to cry.

"Oh stop you big cry baby. You know I'll always be there to talk." I say, placing my last suitcase by the door.

"I've gotten so used to having a roommate! Who's going to do my laundry!" John says. I laugh and roll my eyes.

"John come here and give me a hug. I have to go." John gets up and hugs me. I smile and fight back tears. I've been living with John for a year now, and he may be a pain in the ass, but he's the best god damn roommate you could ask for.

"I'm going to miss you (Y/N)." John says sadly as he pulls himself out of the hug. I frown.

"I'm going to miss you too John." He smiles and pick up my carry on, putting it in my hands.

"Now go before you miss your flight. Text me when you land." I nod, grab my suitcases and leave for the airport. A couple of months after Jaren came and visited, we started talking again. We ended up both deciding to try again, and I couldn't be happier. I understand the whole 'why would you go back to someone who cheated on you' thing, but I can't help but fall for him again. This may be a mistake, or this may be a happily ever after. I wouldn't know if I didn't take the chance.

***

i hate when they go back to someone that cheated on them, but my last one the reader went on with cam. soooo, i didn't want another sad story. sorry if you're disappointed with the end, but im trying my best!! leave some ideas please, and some feedback :)
- bryleigh