"You were looking out for me"

Lauren was startled awake by the repeated ringing of the doorbell. Groggily she sat up and looked around. She was still on the living room sofa, but she was alone now. A blanket had been placed over her and the television had been turned off. Lauren figured she must have fallen asleep.

The house was silent until the doorbell rang once more.

"Okay, okay! I'm coming!" She  mumbled, pushing the blanket off himself and getting to her feet. The doorbell rang again. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She grumbled, speeding up her steps, cursing under her breath.

When she rounded the corner she collided with a warm body.

Instinctively she reached out and caught Camila by the arms, effectively keeping her from tumbling to the ground. "I'm sorry, Miss!" Camila gasped, regaining her balance. "I was just going to answer the door."

"No worries! Did I hurt you?" Lauren asked looking Blaine over. The Camila's hair was dishevelled from her own nap she still looked somewhat sleepy but was otherwise alright. "No, Lauren." She answered.

The doorbell rang once more, reminding Lauren of her initial task. "Right." She mumbled, pulling the front door open.

"You know Lucy, there's a line between insistent ringing and leaning on the doorbell." She said with more than a hint of annoyance in her tone. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"And hello to you too, Lo," she smiled nervously "didn't Chris tell you I was coming over?" She glanced over Lauren's shoulder as if she expected Chris to be hiding behind her.

"Oh, yeah, right, come in." Lauren said, opening the door wide for her. She had completely forgotten that Chris had given her a heads-up earlier. "Chris!" She hollered up the stairs, "Lucy's here!"

"Chris is still at football practice." Lucy informed her, handing her coat to the brunette girl who had caught up and entered the house behind her.

"Oh, hey Keana, I didn't see you there." Lauren said. The brunette frowned at her and said "Good afternoon, Miss Jauregui." She hung up Lucy's coat in a way Lauren was sure would cause it to wrinkle before turning back to her owner, but Lucy was occupied with someone else.

"And this must be Camila." She smiled brightly, while advancing on Camila, her hand held out as though she was going to pet her hair. Camila was shrinking in on herself a little, but didn't move away.

Lauren swiftly caught her hand with her own before she reached her and spun her towards herself a little "Yes, that's Camila. Now what do you mean Chris's still at football practice? What are you doing here, if he's not around?"

"Well, if you must know, I was hoping I could surprise him with my unexpected presence when he comes back. Chris thinks I'll be here in two hours, but I was bored because my parents are playing with my karaoke machine, so I decided to drop in early." She sounded so chipper and enthusiastic it almost hurt Lucy's sleepy eyes to look at her.

"Okay, whatever, wait in the living room if you want." She was about to direct Camila up the stairs with her when Lucy caught her arm.

"Lo." She whined, her eyes big. "Come on, we haven't talked since... well, it's been forever. We should catch up! Please, it'll be nice, we can talk on the couch and Keana can make us some tea and..."

"No! Luce, you're doing it again!" Lauren snapped, pulling free from her grip. "That's not something I can deal with. This is a deal breaker for me Lucy. I understand that you have different views than I do and I'm glad you and Chris found a way to work around it, but you can't come here and order Keana into our kitchen. If I want tea, I'll make it myself!"