"It's your fault"

"No, please don't stop. Lauren."

Lauren chuckled fondly into the warm curve of Camila's  neck. "We have to, sweetheart, my family's in the driveway."

"No they aren't." Camila tangled her fingers in the hair at the back of Lauren's  head and leaned up for another kiss. Outside, the sound of the car door closing disturbed the Saturday afternoon silence. Camila sat up on the bed, adorably startled.

They managed to hastily straighten up the bedspread and leave Camila's  bedroom before Chris stumbled through the door, carrying four bags of groceries piled in his arms. Camila hurried to help while Lauren ducked into the bathroom to get her hair in order before her dad's eagle eye could catch what had been going on in their absence.

It had only been the second time they kissed like that, spread side by side on Camila's  bed, bodies carefully apart and hands joined, lips tingling with as many kisses as they could fit in the little space of time alone. It had been the first time that Lauren dared to kiss down the lovely, tempting line of Camila's  neck, and the breathless, stunned response it evoked still fizzled under her skin.

Barely a month had passed since their first kiss and already Lauren found it hard to keep from reaching for Camila's  hand every time they were close, from kissing Camila good morning or cuddling with her on the couch every time they watched a movie. She wanted to shout her feelings from the rooftops. But she was still a little nervous about what her family might say if they knew, so for now, she kept it quiet and only allowed herself any physical closeness with Camila in those rare moments when they were completely alone.

Which is not to say Lauren didn't create those opportunities. She'd taken Camila shopping with her a few times just for the chance to hold her hand in the car. They'd gone for walks in the first rays of March sunshine once or twice, keeping a respectable distance but able to talk without curious ears around. They visited Selena and Taylor again, and while Lauren didn't feel ready for any kind of PDA, it felt nice to be able to sit close to Camila, or touch her in passing, or even just look at her across the room without making sure her heart didn't make its way to her eyes in a way everyone around could notice.

But it was never enough. She just wanted to be with Camila all the time – be close to her, talk to her, show her new things, new places. Treat her like an equal, always. Not have to care what people thought.

Speaking of new places though...

"Camila, what would you say to going to a party with me and Chris next weekend?" Lauren asked over dinner that night. She had planned to talk about it with Camila when they were alone earlier, but then Camila had looked longingly at Camila's  lips and any plans that didn't involve kissing flew out the window.

Camila paused with her fork in mid-air. "Me? Going to a party with you?"

By Lauren's  side, her dad looked at her curiously. Lauren hurried to explain.

"It's ally birthday party, and Normani is taking Dinah because she doesn't want to leave her home alone at night. I thought Camila could come too, to keep Dinah company." He looked back at Camila. "You two haven't seen each other for a while, it could be nice."

Camila smiled. "It would be very nice. I would love to meet Dinah again."

" hailee  says she will probably bring Niall with her too," Lauren added. "You don't know Niall yet, but I think you'll like him. He's an entertainment slave, and he's sweet and funny."

Chris straightened up across the table. "Oh, I have to tell Lucy. She could take Keana."

Lauren's  dad nodded. "As long as Harry doesn't mind, I see no problem with Camila going with you. And it means we're gonna have the house for ourselves for once." he waggled his eyebrows at Clara, who giggled.