A/N

Hi guys,
I want to know the truth of what is happening in America, I know some of you might not be from there but I want to know what the media are not telling us here in Italy about the riots.
I'm white, with Hispanic parents, so I'm not black. I study Afro-American culture and literature at the University but what I understood in all these years by reading your story is that white privilege is a weapon. So what I want to know from you is what is the reality? How do you feel? What can I do to help you even if I'm in another continent?. I want to grow up knowing the truth, and I want to be educated about black culture and feelings. Like Du Bois said: racism is the problem of the twentieth century. But we are not in the same century anymore so racism is still here, it exists and it causes pain, fear, neglect and violence.

So I ask again: How can I help?

Please feel free to write to me in the DMs if you want to talk, or just to express your emotions.

I will walk whit my fellow Italians here in Rome this week towards the American ambassador's house (sorry I don't know the right words for this one, leave alone my English I know I need to improve..) with some of our black organizations and by being part of the LGBTQ+ I will stand with the others for our rights.

Please stay safe,
You might be not important to your president but you're important to your people and to me.

I'm white and I will walk whit you,
I'm white and I will not silence you,
I'm white and I will hear you.
I'm white and I want racism to end for everyone.

#blacklivesmatter✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿