VIII - Ash: Adventure On His Own!

~~ 5 days after Team Lunar's raid on the Pokémon Center~~

Over the course of the five days, the Pokémon Center has been shut down for further inspection, with the only residents there being Ash, Lillie, Pikachu and Nurse Joy. Even though they shut down the Pokémon Center, there was not much the police could do anyway. Team Lunar had left with no trace behind.

The situation had left a mark in everyone's mind, that evil can win.

What were Team Lunar's intentions?

The thought was hung in the air for a while but no one really knew, all they could do was wait.

Which was not something Ash was particularly good at...

"Nghhhh, how much longer do I have to wait? The world is at stake and we're just staying here!" Ash was talking to himself in an empty room. Lillie went out to get groceries, Pikachu was healing quicker than expected but still unable to leave, and Nurse Joy was still up an active even though she had a sprained arm.

"Might as well get up and begin the day" Ash said talking to himself.

He got dressed and went to the bottom floor of the Pokémon Center. The police had already left and Nurse Joy was sitting with her Audino.

"Hey Nurse Joy" Ash said.

"Oh hello Ash. Nice to see you've finally woken up." She responded with a smile.

"Lillie hasn't come back yet?" Ash asked looking around.

"No I'm afraid she hasn't. She left earlier in the morning and I haven't seen her yet." She replied a little worried.

Ash noticed this hint of worry in her face.

"It's okay. I'll go look for her." Ash said to the Nurse.

"Oh thank you Ash! Here I have something for you." She replied.

Nurse Joy then handed Ash a map of the Jenta region and he was off.

After a few minutes of walking, Ash went into thought.

'The Pokémon world seems a little more scary with no one by your side' Ash thought to himself.

'I kinda miss home, Mom's cooking, good times with friends. Guess I took it all for granted'  he continued to think. 

'No matter. There's a task at hand and-'

Suddenly a Rattata jumped out from the grass, took Ash's map, and ran.

"Hey I need that!" Ash yelled as he ran after the Pokemon.

He continued to run after it into the forest until it went into a little hole in the ground.

"Ah dang it!" Ash said as he snapped his fingers. "If Pikachu was here he could get in there no problem!"

Ash was stumped, without the map, he had no idea where to go. He didn't recognize anything, he left his phone on the bed and all he had were a few Pokéballs.

It took a moment for him to realize what to do.

"That's right! I need to catch another Pokémon! Can't be relying on Pikachu all the time!"

So, Ash went deeper into the forest hoping to find a Pokémon.

"Not many Pokémon here. And I really need one." Ash said.

Then he remembered a lesson he learned in class.

'Remember kids, when catching a Pokémon, try to be as quiet as possible, or else they'll run and hide' especially in the forest where there are many hiding spots'. Ms. Agatha had said.