XV - Choosing the Right Path (Pt.2)

A new key that I'll be using for chapters here on out:

italics mean flashback

bold mean thoughts.

"quotation marks" mean dialogue

~~~~~~~

Lillie, her Pokémon, and Ash's Pokémon all left the Pokemon Center with one mission:

Find their beloved raven-haired trainer: Ash Ketchum.

Uncertain of where to really start, they head to the middle of town, hoping to find some information for their search.

"Hey! Has anyone seen a boy around my height? Wears a cap? Spiky hair? Lovely personality that'll captivate you?" Lillie yelled out.

Most people around town square gave confused looks and quicky hurried to their next destination.

Maybe I shouldn't have that last part, Lillie thought to herself as she began to blush a little.

"Pika pika..." Pikachu sighed. They weren't going to get anywhere like this.

They continued to ask around town for hours, in desperate hope of finding their valued companion. By now, it was evening and the sun was beginning to set.

Lillie and the rest of the Pokémon sat on a bench after getting some ice cream. It was the city's specialty of course. Considering the ice theme the gym had taken on.

Pikachu and Larvitar licked their ice cream with delight, enjoying the rich creamy texture. Lillie smiled as she watched the two Pokémon having fun with their food. She wish she could do the same, but too much was on her mind.

We couldn't find Ash at all today. She said to herself. Is it possible that... He already left the city?

Lillie quickly shook her head. No way! No matter how you slice it, that's not Ash at all. He would never. Right?

Lillie began conflicting with herself. I mean. He really had no reason to stay... I did drag him into this mess... It's my fault. I did it again...

Pikachu, being the cheerful Pokémon he his, noticed Lillie's gloom and offered his ice cream.

Lillie looked at Pikachu gave a little chuckle.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. Just thinking about the past." The blonde said to the electric mouse.

Larvitar finished his ice cream in a jiffy stretched out its limbs.

"Larvitar?" He asked, wondering what was next.

Lillie gave a little sigh. "We should head back for now before it gets too dark. Prepare for tomorrow's search."

The two Pokémon looked disappointed at first, but then agreed with Lillie's statement.

Soon, they got up from the bench and started getting back to the Pokémon Center. At the entrance, there was a particularly familiar buff man standing, as if he was waiting for someone. He noticed Lillie and gave a little gesture to come over.

"Hyozkin," Lillie said under her breath. He didn't exactly leave the most pleasant memory in her mind. The way he beat Pikachu and Larvitar to a pulp and crushed Ash's spirit like ice. To her, it seemed he had a frozen attitude, and wasn't one you could easily approach. Nevertheless, she walked towards him, fearing what would happen if she didn't. 

As soon as Lillie got close, she could feel the cold aura surrounding him. A chill went down her spine. She was suddenly cold. How powerful was this man? They stood next to each other in silence for a while. It seemed both weren't the best at human communication. Eventually, Hyozkin decided to break the silence.