IX - Lillie: A Little Trip with Big Results!

Lillie clutched Nurse Joy in her arms with tear beginning to roll down her face.

"We lost. I failed."

Lillie sprung up from her bed now awake from the recurring memory. She felt her face as it was a bit moist.

'Was I crying in my sleep?' Lillie wondered as she stood up.

"Why...why does that memory keep on coming back." She said aloud.

It had been five days since Team Lunar's raid. She and Ash had been staying there since then even though the center was shut down.

Lillie looked at the clock next to her.

It was 5:45 in the morning. Ash was still sleeping in the bed beside her.

'How can he sleep so easily with all of this crisis going around?' She thought.

She decided to get up and not just sit around. She got herself ready and went downstairs.

To her surprise, Nurse Joy was already up trying to help the police in any way she could. She was very helpful even with her sprained arm.

"Good morning, Nurse Joy." Lillie said. "How's your arm?"

"I'm doing fine Lillie." The Nurse replied with a smile.

Lillie looked into the healing room where Pikachu was resting.

"Is Pikachu doing fine?" Lillie asked.

"Yes! Actually, he's doing better than expected and will be fully recovered very soon." Nurse Joy said happily.

"That's good." Lillie said with a sigh. Things were looking good.

"By the way Lillie, what are you doing up this early?" The Nurse asked.

"Oh, I decided I'm going to go shopping and get some groceries." Lillie said. "Help relieve all the stress I've been having."

"Well you deserve a break. You did all you could've done. Don't forget that." Nurse Joy replied.

Lillie didn't reply because she didn't believe those words.

"Well whatever you do today, be safe okay?" she said.

"Alright well I'll be back soon." Lillie said as she began to walk out of the center.

Lillie had already studied Jenta and its region's map. It was a very easy walk to the nearest town. She entered the store.

As she got there she began looking at the shelves wondering what Ash would want to eat.

"Having some trouble there eh?"

Lillie turned around and screamed.

"What the heck you startled me!" Lillie exclaimed.

"Sorry I have a habit of doing that."

In front of her was an old lady who looked old but didn't feel old. She had a Solrock with her.

"So, you're just gonna stand there without a "hello"." the old lady said.

"Uhh yes ma'am I-" The woman cut her off.

"Please call me Bertha." She said.

"Oh, hello Bertha." Lillie said.

Bertha stood for a moment before saying anything.

"Something is troubling you isn't it?" Bertha asked.

"Oh no. I'm perfectly fine." Lillie said with a happy voice.

Bertha shook her head.

"No point in denying it honey. My Solrock has the ability to read the emotions of others." She explained.