XIV - Choosing the Right Path (Pt.1)

A new key that I'll be using for chapters here on out:

italics mean flashback

bold mean thoughts.

"quotation marks" mean dialogue

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ash... don't go..."

"Please... come back"

Lillie woke up in the PokeCenter's bed. The sun's light shone through the window indicating a new day. A new day would mean new adventure for Ash, Lillie, and Pikachu.

But not today, today was not going to be easy. Cause Ash was now missing. He ran off after his crushing defeat against Hyozkin. Since then, Lillie had been taking care of all the Pokemon. They were grateful, but they dearly missed Ash.

As soon as Lillie woke up, Pikachu, who was by her side, did too. Although he woke up, he didn't get out of bed. Pikachu felt like he let down his trainer.

The same could be said for Larvitar because after it was healed, he entered his Pokemon and hasn't come out since. Not to exercise or to eat.

Lillie got ready for the day the same way she did yesterday. Hard to imagine Ash that just yesterday, Ash was here, all pumped for his gym battle.

She also remembered the little incident that happened yesterday between the two. It caused her to smile, just a little.

Ash... I really miss you. It's only been a day but still. She felt water in her eyes. But before they could drop she wiped them away.

Why am I acting like he's dead? The blonde questioned herself. He's out there, and we're gonna find him and bring him back! No matter the cost!

She turned to Pikachu with determination let out her hand.

"C'mon Pikachu! I know you're sad, I am too. But just staying her doing nothing is gonna solve... well nothing! We're gonna go look for Ash!"

Pikachu was a bit reluctant. Was he good enough to be Ash's Pokemon? Against Mikko, he lost. Against Hyozkin, he lost. When the grunts attack the Pokemon Center, he wasn't even there to aid. He's been more a burden than a helpful Pokemon.

Lillie noticed this look on Pikachu's face. She decided to help comfort him so she sat down on the bed next to the electric mouse Pokemon. She began to rub his fur.

"Pikachu... You have something on your mind right? Why not tell me about it? I can understand Pokemon remember? Plus, we're all in this together." She spoke with a gentle voice that eased Pikachu a bit.

"Pikaa." Pikachu sighed. "Pikapi, Pika! Pi-Pikachu!"

Lillie interpreted what Pikachu had said and let out a small sigh. "Pikachu... Ash does care about you..."

"Pika Pika! Pika pikaaa." Pikachu retaliated. A few tears ran down the Yellow Pokemon's eyes.

"Pikachu. He didn't leave because you aren't good enough. He's just stressed out. A bit confused."

"Pikaaa." Pikachu was still unsure. Was he even Ash's partner anymore. He was too weak.

"C'mon. Remember all the things Ash has done for you. He saved you from the prison on Team Kumar's airship. He rushed you the Pokemon Center after your battle with Mikko's Monferno. He's always had a smile with you around."

Pikachu began to reflect on what Lillie said. Ash was a great friend who loved him very much. The points were vaild. But not enough to change is mind. Lillie noticed this uncertainty.

Lillie pulled Pikachu into a hug. "Tell you what, once we find Ash, you can ask him directly okay? Although I already know the answer."

"Pikachuu." Pikachu sighed. It was the only way to make him stop worrying.

Lille got up from the bed and stood firm. Let me think like Ash... What would he do... She began to think. Suddenly it hit her. A giant determined smile came across her face.

That's right! He'll face every problem with a smile and confidence. That's the key! Lillie pieced together.

And thus, later that day, the search begun. Although they didn't have to go far to find Ash...

Hey y'all. I made this quick just to show you guys I'm still alive.

How long has it been? 5 months. Man dissapointed in myself. Hopefully it'll never happen again.

I even missed the 2 year anniversary of this book! It's been 2 years since I started writing this?! And only on chapter 14? Dang I gotta pick up the pace.

Thanks for the patience if you're still here reading. I'm glad you care that much. I don't know how I could make it up to you

As always. AceQuest logging off, hopefully not for 6 months this time 😅