XI - A Battle That'll Rock the World!

"Hey Ash." Lillie whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Kick this guy's ass."

Ash smiled at Lillie's sudden word choice.

"You bet!"

Lillie gave a smile to her favorite raven-haired trainer.

"The battle between Ash Ketchum and Mikko will now begin!"

"Larvitar, quick! Use Bite!" Ash exclaimed.

Larvitar moved quick, blowing dust in all directions. He got close to Monferno and prepared for the attack, but...

"Monferno, engulf yourself in a Fire Spin!" Mikko commanded.

Suddenly a vertex of flames covered the Playful Pokemon as Larvitar jerked back.

The crowd around the battle was astonished.

"Isn't Fire Spin usually used to trap another Pokemon in a twister of fire?" A tall man said.

"You're right. That's some innovative thinking. Since Larvitar is a Rock/Ground type, fire won't effect it very much." Another person said.

Ash was taken aback for a second by this unique take on the move, but he quickly regained his posture.

"Wow. That's pretty cool Mikko, how you used that move in a different way." Ash stated.

Mikko didn't make eye contact. "Whatever. Complements from a dumbass like you mean nothing."

Ash gritted his teeth at that comment. 'Is this guy always such a douche?'

He quickly ended his thought on that and focused on the battle once more. He began thinking of strategies.

'Let's see, we wanna avoid close contact even if the Fire Spin won't do much. Monferno's part fighting type which can mean big trouble for me. It's better if I keep a distance between us...'

"Alright! Larvitar keep your distance and use Ancient Power!" Ash shouted to his partner.

Larvitar dashed back, creating a cloud of dust and dirt. He then came to a halt and began to focus.

Then, a glowing ball of energy with rocks surrounding it began to form. As soon as it finished charging, Larvitar released the attack.

The attacked moved at great speed, creating a gust of wind, blowing more dirt, making direct contact on Monferno.

"Yeah!" Lillie yelled which started and cheer in the crowd. Ash and Larvitar looked at each other confidently.

Mikko began to snicker that grew into an out-loud laugh.

"What are you laughing at? I got you with point-blank shot!"

"Instead of celebrating as if you've won, look closer." He replied pointing at the cloud of dust.

As dust began to clear, Monferno can be seen with no evidence of damage on him.

Monferno cockily began dusting himself off.

"Wait, what?!" Said a confused member in the crowd.

"You idiot. This Fire Spin wasn't only for show, it can also protect Monferno from weak attacks like that." Mikko said with a smirk.

"Wow never thought of it like that." A woman stated.

"Ash...." Lillie gave a worried look to her companion.

Ash looked down at the ground, for a second, unsure of just what to do.

But we know Ash, Quickly, a smile came to his face.