X - The Run-in with the Rival

"Pika Pika!" Pikachu exclaimed as it ran to its trainer.

"Pikachu!" Ash said as he ran to his partner. Both embraced in each other's arms.

It was the next day and Nurse Joy had informed Ash and Lillie that Pikachu had been all healed up. In no time, Ash and Lillie went to see the electric mouse Pokemon.

"Pikachu! I'm so sorry! I'll never let something like that happen ever again!" Ash exclaimed resisting tears.

"Pika chu," Pikachu said forgiving its trainer.

Lillie walked up to Pikachu. "Hey Pikachu! Glad your better!" She said warmly. Pikachu smiled.

"Oh yeah! Pikachu I want you to meet the newest addition to the team! Go Larvitar!" Ash exclaimed throwing its Pokeball.

Out popped the Rock Skin Pokemon with a little smile.

"Lar lar!" Larvitar said to Pikachu giving a hand shake.

"Pi Pika!" Pikachu replied.

"Looks like those two will get along well." Ash stated.

"Kinda like we do." Lillie muttered. Thankfully, Ash didn't hear that.

At that time, Nurse Joy walked into the room.

"Looks like you guys have caught up with each other." Nurse Joy said.

"Yep. All best of friends." Ash exclaimed.

Nurse Joy smiled as she got out some papers.

"Alright Ash. I have some things to say. Be aware that your Pikachu is in "Discharge Mode". That means that he doesn't have complete control over his electricity output. He may give out too much electricity and hurt himself. So try to dial it down with the electric type moves and avoid them for a while." Nurse Joy stated.

Ash nodded his head. "So how long will this be in effect?"

"I give it only a week." Nurse Joy said.

"Well that's okay. We can do that, right Pikachu?" Ash asked his partner.

"Pika!" Pikachu exclaimed.

"You know, I just noticed something. You and your Pikachu both have little zigzags on your cheeks." Nurse Joy said.

That's right. Ash had his signature zigzags as well as Pikachu who had them inside his red cheeks.

"Yeah I noticed that the first day I saw you and Pikachu." Lillie said adding on to the conversation.

"Maybe cause we were meant to be partners!" Ash exclaimed.

"Pi Pikachu!" Pikachu said in agreement.

Nurse Joy and Lillie began to laugh as the morning went by.

It was now late afternoon as Lillie started packing up some things.

She and Ash headed downstairs for their departure.

"Well, we've spent a lot of time here. Thanks for everything Nurse Joy." She said.

"No, thank you two. If you kids weren't here, I'd be dead." The Pokemon Nurse spoke truthfully.

"You took that very lightheartedly," Ash said awkwardly.

Nurse Joy gave a little laugh. "Alright then. Guess I'll be seeing you kids later!"