(Prologue) The First Time

Obsession was a strong word. I didn't like to call it that, mostly because it didn't feel that way.

The feeling was when maybe you got a new cat or dog and you wanted it to love you, that's all. You'd care for it and let it warm up to you, but if it denied your love-you get angry.

So, with that in mind, my actions are immediately justified, because surely you understand. And plus, it's not like I'm doing anything wrong. What's the matter of following a pretty girl? Giving her presents daily? Making sure she's ok? A goddess needs to be taken care of after all and I was willing to give it to her.

Mia hopped out of her car and I did too. She walked into the library and I waited a minute before following her in. I shoved my hands into my sweatshirt pocket and lagged behind my Angel, watching as she went to the fiction section. She found her book and grabbed it off the shelf, sliding down against the wall to start reading.

She pulled out her glasses and put them on, opening to the first page. I peeked around the corner and watched as she snuck chips out her pocket and quietly started eating it. A smile played on my lips. I couldn't help it. I was going to marry that girl.

I took a breath and tried fixing my hair before walking next to her. My heart beats fast. I'm so close to her. I swallowed and pulled out a book, dropping it purposely. She jumped and I knelt down, sitting on my heels.

"I'm so sorry!" My voice shook. I was finally talking to her. This was a dream come true!

"Whoa. It's ok, I drop stuff all the time so don't worry 'bout it." she laughed. I know, I thought, picking it up. "Hey! Have you read that book yet?" she smiled, pointed to the dark blue book in my hand. "It's really good! I read it like twice," she says excitedly.

I know, I thought again. I stare into her beautiful brown eyes. I get mesmerized, I almost drowned out her voice.

"Hey uh...you ok there bud?" she taps my shoulder. I blinked twice and my heart hammers in my chest. She touched me! I thought I was going to vomit. I quickly checked the time. 5:23. I made a mental note.

"I..I'm sorry I...I got lost in your eyes. They're so beautiful." I breathe. She pauses, then looks down.

"Wow, I didn't know people like brown eyes," her soft cheeks started to turn pink. "in books everyone's romanticizing every color but brown." she chuckles, moving a lock of hair off her face. She looks back up to me with a genuine smile. "Thank you."

I smile and nod. God, her smile was the most gorgeous thing I've ever witnessed. It made butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"You're welcome...?" I tartle purposely.

"Mia. My name's Mia." she smiles wider, putting her hand out to shake. I take it and nod. Her heavenly small, soft hands made me weak.

"I'm Andrew," I say hoarsely. She retreats her hand to tease her hair.

"Nice, wassup Andrew." My heart jumps in my throat. My name rolled so nicely off her tongue. I felt my hand shaking so I grip the book tighter. "What kind of books do you like?" she asks. I figure we can start a conversation so I sit down with her.

"U-uhm.." I breathe. She was so casual and cute and I was a sweating mess. I can't do anything right. "I like mysteries and thrillers." I finally said.

"Ooh, have you read Gone Girl? I loved that one." I shook my head, smiling to myself. I love the way her eyes brightened as she talked passionately about what she loved. Books. Obviously. She could blab for hours about all the books she's read. And I'd listen to every word.