.46. Unhealthy Obsession

Buckle up kiddos. This is the last chapter and it's gonna be looong.

Aaron

"Mia's..alive? When did this happen?"

"Months ago. Her surgery was a success."

"Wait...youre going to fucking tell him, arnt you?!"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I? The poor boy has lost everything."

"No..." I shake my head. "another bad idea, don't do that."

"And why not? He's gotta look forward to something, after all."

"Oh please," I scoff, my nose wrinkling, "don't even act like you care! You're going to say something and make him worse, stay away."

"Aa-..." he took a pregnant pause and for a moment I thought he ended the call, or my phone died. "no..you know what, you're right."

My eyes widen as I sit up in the seat. "Wait...really?" I'm stunned beyond belief. I was right about something for once? Maybe he's going insane.

"Yes, son."

"So..you're not going to see him?"

"No. I cannot he bothered with him at this moment. And we still have some unfinished business to attend. Your ass better be on your way here."

"Yes father," I swallow, feeling the nerves flow through my body. I was so caught up about Andrew, I forgot how scared I was going to see my father again. "I'm currently driving. I'll be there shortly."

***

When I arrived and pulled into the driveway, I had to take a few deep, calming, breaths.

Here goes nothing, Aaron. Just walk in, be a man, he's proud of you, don't ruin that.

I walk up to the door and knock on it, waiting for a second. I was about to knock on it again but it swung open, revealed him.

"H-hi father." My mouth quirked. He smiled and waved me in.

I reluctantly stepped in, smelling the smoke-filled house. It was starting to smell familiar...like my childhood home. Why?

I turn to look at him and feel a small wave of confidence as I notice I'm a bit taller than him. He is fifty-six after all; getting older and shorter.

"Okay, let's start business." I comment and he nods at me.

"Yes, come take a seat here," he gestured to a small dinning room table. I sat down in the wooden chair and leaned back, crossing my legs and locking my hands in my lap. He leans on the table and stares at me with a smile. "So, jumping right in, do you think you can locate Mia? His wife?"

My eyebrows draw together. "Why do you need to know her whereabouts? I thought you said you wouldn't mess with Andrew."

"Did I say that?" his voice dropped as his dark eyes bored into mine. "No. Exactly. I'm asking if. you. can. locate. her."

I stare into my lap. "I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard, why?"

"Well I-" the silent house was filled with a large bang, like something heavy had fallen. I turn around to see a shut door; the sound seeming to come from that. "Fucking hell-" my dad gruffed as he shot up and stormed over to the room. He threw the door open and slammed it shut so hard I thought he might've broke it.

I swallow and stand up, slowly making my way in front of it to eavesdrop.

"Goddamnit, Hannah!" he spat and I heard some drag on the floor before something like a slap echoed through the room. I held my breath as small feminine whimpers soon followed. "Don't be a fucking baby." I heard him growl. "You brought this upon yourself, we talked about this!"