.15. Dealing

Andrew

The past couple weeks have been wonderful. Mia has been like a lost puppy, clinging onto me and coming out her room more. It was like a dream. Finally, she realized how much she needed me. She unlocked her love. For me only.

I walked out of my room and heard something in the bathroom. My stomach dropped as I quickly ran in, seeing Mia on her knees, over the toilet. Her face looked flushed, yet pale. She took a few deep breaths before spewing into the toilet again.

I walked inside, kneeling down to her level, rubbing her back. She coughed and spat, wiping her mouth with toilet paper. She glanced at me and looked so tired. I felt really bad.

"Are you ok?" I asked gently. She shook her head angrily.

"My head is in the toilet, Andrew! No! I'm not okay!" she barked at me. She sat up a bit more a rubbed her face, not looking at me. "I'm pregnant."

A smile spread across my face. "I sure hope so. Our family is going to be complete, Mia and I couldn't be happier."

She groaned and flushed the toilet, standing up. She brushed her teeth and left. I followed her out and put a hand on her back. "Aren't you happy?" I ask. She stops and turns to me, narrowing her brown eyes.

"I don't want to have to deal with this shit for nine months! This is gonna suck!"

"I'm sorry it has to be this way, Mia, but it'll be worth it in the long run. I promise."

"Just- shut up! Shut up already you fucking dickhead!" she snapped. But then, her eyes widened and she stepped closer to me. "I'm sorry-I didn't mean to snap. I'm just...scared."

I let the insult go and wrapped my arms around her. "It's okay, sweetie, I'm right here with you. I'm not going anywhere."

She sighed heavily and sunk into my chest. The way she said the following words made me feel bad. She sounded so defeated when she whispered, "I know..."

***

The smile on my face wouldn't leave. There's really a baby in there! I did this! I created life! I'm here with the love of my life and everything is just perfect.

"You're staring..." Mia said slowly. I snap out my trance and look into her gorgeous eyes.

"Do you know how beautiful you are? How happy I am to have you?"

"No.."

"Good." I cupped her face and give her a long kiss on the lips. She exhales through her nose and places her small hands on my face. Slowly, her lips move with mine and it's like euphoria shooting through my body.

My heart soars and my mind numbs. I'm just so crazy when I'm with Mia. When silence overtakes us I stare at her face, letting everything sink in.

She's really mine.

Only mine.

Mia pulls back and my eyes flutter. I come back to my senses and take a breath, licking my lips. "I love you so much, Mia." I say quietly, placing my hand on top of hers.

She closes her eyes and nods. "Yeah..." her voice was soft. "I know...I..love you too." I couldn't help but smile and pull her on top of me. I squeezed her gently and nuzzled my nose into her neck, inhaling her scent.

I pull back and look at her once more, not able to wipe the smile off my face. "We're going to be the most perfect family, Mia. I just know it. With you as my soon-to-be wife, and our child on the way, it's going to be heaven." I pulled her in my lap as she laid on her back, staring up at me. I rubbed her stomach slowly, just thinking of all the wonderful things that would happen in the future.