.17. Doubts...?

Andrew

I turn around so see Mia's scrunched up face staring at me. "Uhhh...what's wrong love?" I ask, arching an eyebrow.

She seems to fight with herself for a while then her face softened and played with her fingers. "What?" she asked so innocently.

"I asked what was wrong. You were kinda staring at me and making a face. What's on your mind?"

"I...uh...just concerned about you." she said softer and it just made my heart flutter.

"Well thank you sweetheart, but I told you I'm fine, alright? Don't let anything bother your pretty little head. Sit on the couch until your foods ready."

She seems to curse at herself but shuffle over to the couch and plopped down, folding her legs under her. I turn back around and start fixing some fish and macaroni and cheese.

"The room, Andrew..." she breathes, making me stop. "Wh-...what's in the room?" her voice seems to shake and I turned to look back at her, but she wasn't looking at me.

"You'll find out when the time comes sweetheart, trust me; one day i'll show you and you'll be very happy, I just know it."

"Would I Andrew?" she seems to snap a little, her face turning red. I set down the pot I had and fully turned around, eyes narrowed.

"Sweety, what's wrong?" I lean over the back of the couch. "you're getting...hostile."

"I just-! What the fuck Andrew! I-...fuck! What's behind the door! Show me! Please!"

I sighed and rubbed my face. "I'll show you on our wedding day, alright? Can you wait for me honey?"

"N-no! Andrew!" she finally looked at me. I groaned and I started to become more tense.

"Sweetheart...please calm down." I said slowly. "Just take deep breaths, alright? Everything will be revealed."

"I want to know now!" she seethes.

"You're acting like a child." I narrow my eyes.

"Oh, so now you want to treat me like an adult?"

"Mia..." I tried not to growl. "Please....watch your tongue."

"F-f-f-uck you!" she screamed, standing up and stomping away. I quickly snatched her arm and yanked her back. I opened my mouth to say something but I didn't want to yell at her. I was trying to get better at that, but if she wants to cuss me out? Ohohoho...

"Mia I don't know what the hell has gotten into you, but you need to cut it the fuck out because you know I won't tolerate this. I love you, sweetheart, but you need to be patient and understanding. You don't know how many times I've had to hold myself back from striking you and we both know I don't like doing that, but sometimes you just don't give me a choice." I take a breath and look at her, still with an angry face.

"Now...I want you to shut your mouth and sit on the couch like a good little girl until your dinner is ready. You will thank me, and then go to your room and not ask about the door until further notice. Do you understand, Amelia."

She narrowed her eyes more and I could tell she wanted to say something smart ass, but for her sake, said nothing.

"Do you. Understand. Amelia." I ground out. She nods so I release her. She steps back, rubbing her arm and then sits back on the couch. I sigh, just feeling more tense now. I comb my fingers through my dark brown hair and return to making her dinner. Not a word is spoken.

I slowly stir the mac and cheese while the fish cooks. I stare into the cheesy yellowness as I grip the spoon, watching as it all mixes together.

Why is Mia acting like this? I understand it might be pregnancy but this time she didn't even apologize! Does it seriously get worse like that? Honestly, I couldn't care if it was pregnancy; how dare she talk to me like that? There HAS to be some kind of limit of hormones.

My mind starts to wander and I wonder what life would be like without Mia. Would I have found another girl? Would she be anything like Mia? would I love her just the same? Would it even be a girl?

I exhale softly.

Sometimes I wonder if i'm really just taking Mia's love for granted. my whole life I've just been starved of affection. at least, until my mother died. I guess I've had a taste and wanted more. When I saw a pretty, relatable girl, I thought, maybe, I had a chance with her, gaining that affection I so desperately craved for years. Now that I have it....do I just get angry and scared when she shows any signs of negativity to me?

....but then I think 'of course not!'. I love Mia and Mia loves me and I'm just being silly. I found a girl I like, and went for it. Now she's mine and I'd just hate to see her leave.

The only reason Mia gets angry with me is because sometimes I cant control myself. She thinks it's ok to retaliate. . . it's not. On top of pregnancy and just her overall personality. But that's another thing I love about her! It's not just her raw beauty, it's her spicy attitude! It's so refreshing than seeing those girls throw themselves at guys for...pleasure or fun.

Though...Mia has her moments of weakness...but then again who doesn't?

I sigh once more and turn to see Mia looking down, probably paying with her fingers. I opened my mouth to apologize but felt like she needed some space, so, I'll do it later.

I finished making her mac and cheese and set the spoon to the side. "Darling, do you want some food now? The macaroni is ready."

"I'll just wait.." she mumbled and I took a step closer.

"Sorry, sweetheart I couldn't hear you, what?"

"I said I'll just wait..." she mumbled again, but this time I heard her.

"Alright..." I reply, take the mac and cheese off the stove and grabbed a cup. I filled it with apple juice and set it on the counter. We then both sat in silence as we waited to the fish to be done. When I heard the beep, I put on my mitts and took it out of the oven. "Get washed up for dinner, sweetie." I say, getting a plate. She follows my orders and quickly gets up, rushing to the bathroom.

I use a spatula to slide the fish onto the plate and plop some mac and cheese next to it, getting ketchup out. I set the plate down on the couch right as Mia walked in, her hair now in a messy bun. I place her fork by the plate, and put the juice on the floor. I wish we still had our table. And my car...

Mia gingerly sat down on the couch and stared at her food.

"Um..." she muttered.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I-um...the smell...it..."

"Did I burn it?" I asked, curiously, trying to examine the food.

"No...I...." she quickly slapped her hands over her mouth and she dashed to the bathroom. I quickly followed as she spewed into the toilet. I sighed. Kneeling next to her, I rubbed her back as she coughed. I gave her some toilet paper and she wiped her mouth, gasping for air. "I'm sorry, Andrew..." she shook her head. "It wasn't your cooking... I-"

"I know, sweetheart. It's ok." I reassured. She sniffed and stood up, flushing the toilet. She brushed her teeth and then walked back to the couch. "Do you think you're going to eat this tomorrow? Or are you feeling better or...?"

"I might just eat it tomorrow," Mia sighed, rubbing her face. "I'm going to lie down."

"Alright.." I say as she drags herself to her room.

". . . Thank you, Andrew." and with that she shuts the door. I comb my fingers through my hair and go over to the couch and start to eat. I wasn't about to let this go to waist. When I finished, I washed the dish and put away the rest of the food.

I then sat back down on the couch, as it sucked me in. I let it as I closed my eyes. Why was I feeling so stressed? There should be no reason I was. It was almost like a unsettling feeling deep inside my stomach.