Appassionato (4)

*Aqua's POV*

I couldn't get one ounce of sleep after I bumped into Santino Michaelis. He was one of the few supernaturals who knew how I looked, how I spoke, and how I held myself. Not only that but I was yet to perform the hair bleaching spell when he walked in. It seems to wear off every time I touch water,

and when I was washing my hands, my hair bled back to my familiar blue ombre. I was safe from Dahlia seeing it because she was blind at the time, but there is a definite possibility that Santino saw my hair and recognized me.

I tried to push my thoughts aside and get dressed for the first day of school. First impressions last, so I grabbed a plain white crop top and a pair of high-waist shorts with a blue marbled look. I put my treble clef earrings and a very simple long necklace. I grabbed a pair of long, brown gladiator sandals and was satisfied with my outfit.

I kept my hair down and grabbed my violin case and backpack and put my wallet and pencil case in my backpack before walking out and getting to my first class which my schedule says is Composition V in the Auditorium.

I take the only seat left and let my eyes wander around the room taking in everything, from the missing chandelier, to the gold lipped flute sitting on one of the many tables filled to the bring with every instrument that you could possibly thing of.

My ring started to glow as the teacher walked in wearing a navy-blue suit. I immediately recognize it as Kai and take my ring off to stop the reaction on both sides. I smile as our eyes meet and his face softens. It's amazing how half a century hasn't aged him one bit.

"Hello class, this is Composition V. If this is not the class that you are supposed to be in, please leave now." He stood silent for a few seconds before resuming, "Now that that's over with. It's time to introduce myself. I am Kai Okeah, and you can address me by my first name. I was born the first son of King Destin Okeah of the Mermaid Kingdom. Now normally that would make me a prince and first in line to the throne but ruling an entire kingdom has never been my style, and so my wonderful little sister has taken up the role and has done much better than I ever would have." I smiled at Kai and his eyes showed how proud he was of me. It wasn't easy waking up one day and being the first in line to the throne. I had to be taught new things like war strategies and advanced magic. I had to learn how to go through propositions and decide whether they would benefit the kingdom. I had to learn to deceive and keep a calm face in the darkness of danger.

"I have been playing several instruments what seems like since the moment I was born. My mother taught me the piano first which is my third favorite instrument to play. I was taught how to play my favorite instrument, the guitar, soon after mastering the piano and then went on to learn how to play all of the saxophones, drums, clarinets, and many, many more." Kai was the one who taught me how to play most of the instruments that I know, including the violin. He never even touched my violin because he would never play a violin because it was a constant reminder that mom died, yet he was able to teach me until I was an intermediate player. I learned the rest from several books.

"But the most important thing that you need to know in my class is that I am not like your other teachers who will teach you what you need to know. I teach you what you want to know. Each and every one of you are in this class because you have chosen it. You have chosen to allow music to invade your heart and take over. You will learn to express yourself on paper without words. When I hear your pieces, I want to feel it resonate within my soul. With that in mind, I am going to assign you your first assignment. Partner up and pick two instruments and compose a piece consisting of both your styles. You will have class time for the rest of the week and on Friday it is due. You and your partner will have

to preform it in front of class and will be graded on difficultly. Extra credit points will be given out if the performance has extra flare. Now pair up!"

I immediately look around and see everyone paired up and panic runs through my body. I start thinking about what I am going to say to Kai if I can't find a partner, but then I feel someone tap on my back where my shirt is covering my skin. I turn around to find a black haired, sky blue eyed boy with an enchanting smile. "Do you have a partner?"

"No. Do you want to be my partner?" I said and instantly regretted my word choice. Of course, he wants to be your partner if he's asking!

"Yes, and I'm Kalen, uh, Jalloh, but I go by Kal." I shake his hand and get absolutely nothing.

"Jalloh? That sounds like jello." I laugh, and he joins in. "I'm Aqua Gray." I smile, and I get to see his smile again. "Um so where do we want to start?"

"I was thinking by each of us picking one instrument and then maybe hear each other play. And from there we can find our melody and harmony from there on." I nod my head and grab my violin and turn back around to see Kal with a guitar. He motions me to play first, and I take a deep breath and let the music overcome me.

The more I play, the quieter it gets in the room. All eyes become glued onto my violin and me and my music fills the entire room. The slow and fragile vibrato resonated throughout the room. Time vanished and with one final vibrato, I ended my song. There were a few moments of silence before I heard clapping coming from Kai.

"Now that's the type of composition I want to hear in my class! You could feel the emotion in her piece and that's what I expect from all of you. Congratulations Ms. Gray, you just got yourself ten extra credit points."

**COMMENT & VOTE**

Thoughts on Kal??

Tell me a little about yourself. What's your favorite TV shows. Any TVD and the Originals fans? I could watch that all day :)