Withdrawal (8)

*Aqua's POV*

It felt like Wednesday went by in a flash because my favorite leech was mysteriously missing for the entire day until nighttime when I heard her scream in frustration. I can't say that I wasn't happy about her agony because I was. And I was able to meet afterschool with Kai to explain the whole situation and how the only ones who know are him, Tomoe, and Kou. He was pretty understanding of the whole situation, but still wanted to go out on Saturday to further catch up.

When I woke up on Thursday, I felt completely nauseous. I knew it was a symptom of being out of water for more than two days, but it was pure agony. I ran to the bathroom, locked Dahlia's side to the bathroom, and puked my guts out until I felt slightly better. I washed my mouth with water and brushed my teeth. Then I used an extra strength mouth wash before I performed my hair spell and unlocked Dahlia's side of the bathroom.

I went back in my room and pulled out matching blue shirt and sweatpants. Then I grabbed my gray slides and put them on before French braiding my hair to keep it out of my face. I made sure to put makeup on my apprentice mark to keep it concealed just in case my braid moves, and it showed.

I grabbed my backpack and went to the dining hall to eat breakfast with Tyrus and Kalen. But the moment I walked into the room and smelled all the different foods, another wave of nausea came towards me.

I sat down in my spot next to Tyrus and across from Kal and laid my head down on the table. "I'm dying inside." I cried out, and Tyrus started rubbing my back.

"What's wrong? What human disease has infiltrated your fragile body?" He asked and kept rubbing my back which was helping slightly.

I had to search through the one-week cram session on everything human to try and remember all of the things humans get sick from. My most shocking find was that some humans can get sick from kissing other humans called mononucleosis! But humans get sick all the time from what they call the flu. There are several variations of this type of sickness.

"The stomach flu. God, I want to die right now!" I cried out, and the server came out with a plate of pancakes for Tyrus and a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon for Tyrus. One whiff from that bacon, and I nearly puked all my insides out again.

"Do you want anything Ma'am?" The server asked me and I pulled my ID out of my wallet and said, "Can you please get me a water and make it like really fast please?" She scanned my ID and disappeared and reappeared with a water in like seconds. She pulled out a straw for me, and I drank the entire glass in seconds.

Tyrus got really concerned and said, "Aqua, you look really pale. I don't think you should go to class today."

"Yeah, I can tell Professor Okeah that you weren't feeling so good. We have already finished writing our song, so you wouldn't be missing much. It's okay." Kalen said, and it felt really great that I had some friends who cared about me, but I was not going to miss a day of class because of a little nausea.

"No, I am going to class and that is final." Both Tyrus and Kal through their hands up in the air in defeat before going back to eating. I just threw my head back, closed my eyes, and focused on breathing for the remainder of the time until the bell rung.

I made my way through the crowd slowly and walked to the auditorium with Kalen behind me trying to convince me to go back to my dorm. I told him to shut up and continued making my way towards the auditorium until a hand grabbed me and pulled me into a room. My instincts took over despite me being sick and a threw a punch to which the man dodged and said, "God Aqua! Careful! I am just here to help you." My eyes met my brother's, and he looked seriously concerned.