Preparations (19)

*Aqua's POV*

"Wake my darling!!" Tyrus nearly yelled on the day of the ball.

I sat up on my bed and tried to rub the sleep off of my eyes. "How exactly did you get in here? There are two burly guards outside of my dorm door at all times." I looked over at Tyrus who was smiling mischievously. "Tyrus, what did you do to them?"

"Absolutely nothing. I just told them that I was your mate, and they just moved aside."

"They didn't even question you? I mean you are and look about as straight as a circle. How exactly did they just blindly accept that you were my mate?" I questioned him, and he just shrugged and put the dress bag in my closet. He then clapped his hands and pulled me out of bed and pushed me over to take a shower. I started the shower immediately after Tyrus left and I locked both doors to the bathroom.

I quickly washed down my body making sure that I was nice and clean and covered my apprenticeship mark with makeup. Then I went over to the sink and brushed my teeth really quickly because Tyrus kept on yelling at me about some sort of appointment.

After I was dressed and ready to go, Tyrus snapped his fingers, and we were in a magical hair salon. Someone grabbed my wrist and sat me down in one of the chairs. "I want her to have an intricate updo." The lady nodded her head and started working her magic.

My hair was done in about two hours because my hair was so long and then the next girl came up to me and Tyrus who was standing next to me. "Very soft neutral eye, with a nice nude lipstick. I want her to glow like a goddess, though." She nodded her head and started working her magic on me. She worked in real time and took maybe an hour or two, solely on my makeup because every time she would finish with my eyes, Tyrus would tell her that something was wrong and she would have to restart it. He was seemingly impossible to please, but she managed to do it.

Lastly there was a nail lady who came over, and Tyrus simply showed her a picture of my dress, and she went straight to work. She started building what I assume to be acryllic nails. She painted them all the same light blue as my dress except for the ring fingers. On the ring fingers she made them clear and created little flowers on it that fitted very well with the lace of my dress.

All in all, I was probably at the salon for about four and a half hours, some of which I'm not going to lie, I fell asleep during. Staying awake with your eyes closed for someone to do your makeup is not that easy.

Tyrus handed the cashier a thousand dollars like it was nothing and snapped his fingers which caused us to return back to my room. He handed me the dress back and pushed me into the bathroom to change. I gingerly put my dress on, careful to not mess up my makeup or hair, but I couldn't lace the corset on my own. It was usually something that I could do in my sleep seeing as I have done is for centuries, but I couldn't accomplish anything with long nails.

I walked out of the bathroom and yelled at Tyrus to lace me up. He showed me no mercy and tightened it to the point where breathing was a bit of a struggle, nothing I couldn't deal with though. I was just glad that I was going to play the violin instead of an instrument that required airflow.

Tyrus ravaged through my jewelry case looking for the perfect piece and was getting really frustrated when he was finding nothing other music note and treble and bass clef earrings. He was honestly starting to freak me out until I heard a knock on my door. I left Tyrus to have a mental breakdown and went over to the door. It was one of the two burly guards holding a manila envelope with a huge bulge in it. He handed it to me, and I quickly shut the door.

I opened it and saw a letter from my dad saying, "Kai told me that you are to be attending a ball today, and I wanted to give you these. They were your mother's favorite." I pulled out the little jewelry box to see two diamond earrings that were a little smaller than the size of a dime.

"TYRUS!" I shouted, and he came running. I simply showed him the earrings and he said, "I think this is the moment where humans would thank their God."

He grabbed one and put it in one ear while I put the other in my other ear. "My father gave them to me. He said that they were my mother's favorite." Tyrus smiled at that. He knew that my mother had passed away when I was very young.

"I'm sure that she would be proud to see you today." There was a moment of silence before he said, "Oh shit, we need to go take our pictures!"

NOTE! 

Just a heads up, I start school this following week so I probably won't be able to post as regularly as I have! Thank you for understanding!

*Comment & Vote*