Control (7)

*Dahlia POV*

"I brought you breakfast, Love." Santino said while giving me a kiss on the cheek. I very much enjoyed waking up and going to my Diving class knowing that he would be there for my safety. Of course, my favorite dragons with sticks up their asses were there too, but beggars can't be choosers.

Diving class was my private class with Tomoe and Kou to try and learn how to harness the power of premonition. Santino was there in case if I were to get a premonition, he could immediately un-blind me. And I've tried drinking his blood out of a bag to try and help my vision, but it never worked. Only straight from the vein.

I stabbed my fork into the pancakes in a foam box from some human restaurant while waiting for the two professors to come in. From the looks of it, Tomoe and Kou took their sweet time because I was able to eat three pancakes before they walked in.

"Sit on the table, Dahlia." Kou said coldly before getting on the table himself.

He sat with his feet touching in a meditative state, and I copied him. "Close your eyes and breath in through the nose and out through the mouth." I looked at Santino in total annoyance and he just sat there in one of his thousand suits, clearly amused.

I closed my eyes and started breathing as Kou asked. Then Tomoe said, "The key to mastering premonitions is getting a clear intention to want to see the future to help those around you. If you can create that clear intention, then you can trigger a premonition."

"Try it." Kou said.

I kept my breathing at a steady pace and tried to create the clear intention, but the only one that I wanted to protect in the room was Santino. He was the only who knew the real me and could see past every mask of strength that I wore. He didn't care for me for any other reason than because we were mates. He wasn't seeking gain or anything else. He was just seeking love and found it in me.

After about twenty minutes of pure silence and trying to 'create a clear intention', I gave up and started walking over to Santino. In a split second, my vision blurred over in a familiar fashion and I saw an arrow dipped in a poison going through a part of Santino's skull and him coughing up blood.

I immediately put my hands on Santino's chest and pushed him away with every ounce of strength I had in my body before letting my hearing take over to tell me when I should grab the arrow based on the slight sound of it ripping through the air.

Tomoe clawed the arrow out of my hand, and Santino's arms wrapped me around again. I couldn't help but start crying. Someone tried to hurt my mate right before my eyes! I know that it wouldn't have killed him, but what if that poison seriously harmed him! I don't know what I would do without Santino.

"Dahlia, I am okay and you are okay. Everything is fine my love. Everything is fine." He kept whispering in my ear over and over again until I stopped crying.

He kept on running his hand through my natural Mulberry hair until I got a hold of my emotions and breathing.

"Can you do me a favor and drink my blood? I don't want you to stay blind. It's clearly not safe." Santino said and I nodded my head yes. He brought his wrist over to my mouth and I drank his blood until my sight was given back to me.

I looked around at the room around me. I had pushed Santino into a fifteen-foot book shelf which caused books to flood the floor. But the most alarming thing that I found was another note on the floor where I was standing. I picked it up and it read, "Time is fleeting. We are not afraid of taking one student to get what we want. Give us the princess." Kou pulled it out of my grip and handed it to Tomoe before I could show it to Santino.

A few seconds later Uncle Vladimir burst in and grabbed the note from Kou. His jaw clenched, and he looked at Tomoe and Kou as if to tell them something. They both nodded at him before vanishing into midair.

"Uncle, you promised me that my mate would be safe here, and yet this happens!" Santino yelled, something that I don't see much. He is usually kind and slow to anger, but he can get enraged quite quickly when someone he cares about almost gets hurt.

"She is safe here. The arrow wasn't meant for her, now was it?" Vladimir replied and Santino was about to burst, but Uncle held up his pointer finger to silence him and said, "Now, now Santino Michaelis, it is rude of you to talk back to your elders. I know that my niece taught you that." He turned towards me and said, "You are exempt from classes for the rest of the day." Santino snaked his arm around my waist and Uncle said, "I assume you will protect my niece with your life?"

"Yes sir." Santino replied before taking my hand and walking out of the school with me.

~

"So, your roommate Aqua called you a leech? May I ask what you did to provoke such a reaction?"

"PROVOKE! I didn't provoke her!" I said in defense but Santino kept on staring at me in complete disbelief until I said, "Okay I may have called her a human." Which is true, I did call her a human.

"And what other adjectives did you use to describe her?" Santino saw right through me. He always sees right through me and gets to the real part of me. The best part of me.

"I may have called her gruesome, but I've called other people worse. I call you a dumbass on a regular basis, and you're still here!" He stopped walking, wrapped his arms around my waist, and said, "Well I'm not exactly a girl with fragile feelings who would be easily offended by you." He kissed my lips softly before he released me out of his grip and said, "You can be quite rude, Dahlia. And from what you told me, she's been nothing but kind to you, even after you called her gruesome. I am not telling you to be best friends with the girl, but I think that it would benefit you having her as a friend. You need friends, Dahlia." His red eyes showed such sincerity.

I waved him off and said, "I do have friends. I am friends with Silas."

"Silas Michaelis, my twin brother and your cousin. Yeah, just a wild guess, but I am pretty sure that would have been friends with him either way." He stopped me once more, but this time he held my head in his hands and said, "I want nothing more than the best for you, and that why I really want you to try and be friends with her."

Me? Friends with a human? No.

I didn't want to be friends with the same species that abused me for eighteen years of my life. I don't want to associate myself with anyone of them! They are all the same! They are all lying and self-serving creatures. They can't even get their heads straight and help their own kind who are starving to death every day! It is absolutely ridiculous.

I pried Santino's hands off of my face and said, "No. You of all people should know why I don't want to be friends with her. I am done hearing this! I am going back to my dorm! And don't bother coming tomorrow. I don't want to be around such a fucking asshole!"

"Bye Dahlia. I love you." He said, completely unfazed by my words.

Fuck everything.