The Unknown Spell (42)

*Aqua's POV*

I was immersed into another song writing spell when someone knocked on the door and came in. Being curious, I looked at who came in and saw Tomoe and Kou accompanied by Her Majesty Queen Mia Rose I of Balance. All of my mentors were in one room, and I didn't know how to feel about it.

"Good morning Kai Okeah! We are here for Aqua Gray." Her Majesty's melodic voice filled the room, and I swallowed a big gulp of air and started choking on it.

Kai had to do a double take when he saw Her Majesty and immediately bowed. "Yes, of course. Miss Gray!" He had to shout because I was so far up. "Pack your things up and follow them out, please."

I scrambled and got all of my things together as quickly as possible and ran down the stairs to them but mistook how far away one of the steps was and started falling. Thankfully Tomoe rushed towards the stairs and caught me, but my things went everywhere.

Before everything hit the floor, Her Majesty snapped her fingers and my papers and violin case were neatly back in my hands. Kou started laughing and said to Her Majesty, "That seems like something that you would do."

"I cannot comprehend what you are talking about Kou. I walk with complete and utter grace." She smiled and flipped her hair.

"I will be sure to tell Sebastian that when he has to catch you the next time you fall." Tomoe said and Her Majesty admitted defeat before we all walked to the classroom with Dahlia reading something out of her Dimensional Manipulation book that she clearly did not understand and Santino had magical earplugs in and was working on some paperwork.

Immediately after the door closed, Tomoe, Kou, and Her Majesty corned me. Her Majesty spoke, "I wish I were seeing you under better circumstances, but it is imperative that I know why you used the apprenticeship mark from both Tomoe and Kou and me."

I had been too caught up in my own life that I forgot the repercussions that were to be received if I used the power from my markings without informing my mentors beforehand. If I were to ever use my markings for the wrong reasons, they would be taken away in a process that was more painful than words could describe.

My eyes pierced into hers, and I held out my hand. She grabbed it after some hesitation, and the memory was transferred over to her. For some time her face stayed stoic, but then it turned to understanding and later confusion.

Upon releasing my hand, Her Majesty turned to Tomoe and Kou. "I understand that Aqua and Dahlia are blood bonded, but they performed a spell that I haven't even heard of." Her Majesty's knowledge of spells was that comparable to Tomoe and Kou. They were her teachers and even raised her like a daughter. It was only natural that her understanding was parallel to theirs.

Tomoe and Kou both looked at Her Majesty with confusion before walking up to me. I held out both of my hands and transferred the memory to them. And when they released my hands, they looked at each other. I had never seen Tomoe and Kou confused until that moment.

"It was definitely a protection spell, but not one that we have ever observed before."

"Indeed, and it looked like a merger of crests." Kou said.

"But it was made of their blood, and it worked like both a protection spell and a forcefield spell. What exactly is it?" Her Majesty questioned and started pacing back and forth.

My attention turned to Dahlia who shut her large textbook made her way towards the four of us. She closed her eyes and held her hands out. The moment that she opened her eyes, a golden book landed in her hands. It was the Vetiti book. The book that is said to only have one owner and curse all others who touch it. But it was one of the most alluring books within the supernatural world because it was said to hold all answers.