Gifts (49)

DOUBLE UPDATE ALERT!!!

*Aqua's POV*

"Well I for one would like Aqua to open up her gift from me. I just want to see your reaction because I know that I got her the best gift." Tyrus gloated.

Dahlia was clearly offended by this. "No way! My gift is way better than yours!"

Kai came in between the two of them. "Guys! Guys, let's be real. Aqua is my sister that I've known for her entire life. My gift is far superior than both of yours combined."

"Nonsense." A voice said. "A gift from the favorite cousin always wins." Nereus walked in holding a box with a beautiful royal blue ribbon. He handed me the box before engulfing me in a hug. "Happy Birthday, Aqua!"

I said thank you before I made my way over to my bed and unwrapped the gifts. It was a beautiful, white jumpsuit with a low neckline. There was a pair of death traps similar to the ones he gave me while at vampiric court except these were navy blue and silver. The next thing I pulled out was a pair of teardrop silver and diamond earrings and next to it was a matching ring.

My eyes met with Nereus's, and he said, "It seems as though shifters have been following you and seeing as shifter blood can recognize shifter blood, I had the jewelry made with my blood. It should allow your eyes to recognize the shifters."

I got off of my bed and hugged Nereus. "Thank you! It is perfect. I will wear it all tomorrow! I just hope that my dad won't get a heart attack when he sees how revealing the jumpsuit is!" I laughed but was secretly scared of what Father would do.

"Have a little fun cousin! It's okay to be a seductress every once and a while." I blushed for a second before Tyrus laid his gift bag on my lap. He probably conjured it from somewhere in the castle.

I looked at Tyrus for a second before taking the wrapping paper out of the bag to find a large jewelry box and a blank piece of paper. I opened the jewelry box and saw a beautiful rose gold necklace chair with a single pearl.

"Typically when a fairy finds the person they wish to form a contract with, they give them a piece of jewelry and made write the contract out. The item of jewelry represents the contract. Due to the fact that I am a male and some other reasons, I cannot form a true fairy contract with you. But I thought that we could make an informal one and write all the rules on that piece of paper. We will have to do it later in private but yeah." I smiled before engulfing Tyrus in a hug. It was an extremely thoughtful gift that I truly loved.

Silas handed me his gift next saying that he wanted to go after Tyrus. I didn't mind and pulled the wrapping paper off to reveal a notebook with music across the cover. I opened it and every single page was meant for music to be written in it.

"Your room was utter chaos with all your music in every nook and cranny. I knew you need someplace to gather all of your music. Also, it's charmed so that you can never lose it, and you are the only one who can open it. Also, I had it made so that you can use it underwater." I gave Silas a thank you hug because I really needed another writing notebook. I had already gone through three in the past few months.

Santino gave me his gift next, and it was in a beautiful red velvet box. I took the top off and pulled out two skinny silver knives that were beautifully designed. "You rarely have any weapons on you, and it worries me, partially because your life is tied to my mate's."

I continued opening the gift and pulled out a group of six throwing daggers with a trident shape carved out of the middle along with some strappy thing. "Both of the weapons have a thigh strap that is specifically made to hold the respective weapon. And I hope you enjoy your gift."

I held one of the daggers in my hand before throwing it at the ugly painting of some naked guy on my wall. It hit him right in the heart before the painting fell off of the wall due to the force the dagger.

"These are very nice and aerodynamic. Thanks, I love it." I said to Santino who was staring at the wall in shock. I guess it's not common knowledge that I throw daggers as a sport.

Second to last was Kai who handed me a birthday bag. I pulled out all the tissue paper once again and saw a violin bow and a ring that was shaped into the tuning peg and scroll of a violin.

"I made the bow myself using hard work and some magic. It's meant to amplify every note you play, and it also serves as an amplifier for your powers while playing." I stared at the bow and saw the words, "Aqua Marie Okeah" engraved in the side.

"You know you are an asshole sometimes but that was an amazing gift. I love you and thank you." I gave my brother a long hug before letting go and turning my attention to Dahlia.

Dahlia smiled and handed me a box that held a fancy perfume-like bottle. I held it up and looked at Dahlia questioningly. She soon said, "I don't know much about it, but it is called the Elixir of the Sea." I nearly dropped the bottle when she told me what it actually was. In the hands of a royal from the Mermaid throne, it can be used to speak with a deceased member of the royal family.

I turned to Kai, and we both said mom at the same time. I had to wipe away the tears that were coming down my cheeks. I engulfed Dahlia in a hug and said, "You don't understand what this means to me. It allows me to speak to my mom and for that I cannot thank you enough."

Tyrus threw his hands up in the air and said, "Not fair! Allowing her to see her dead mother is cheating! Dahlia, you are such a cheater!"

I let Dahlia out of the hug and she said, "Oh, don't be sore loser Tyrus."

I swear I saw murder flash in Tyrus's eyes, and Silas rush to hold Tyrus back while Santino did the same with Dahlia. I stepped in between the two and said, "Thank you for making this such an amazing birthday. You are the best group of friends and family that I could ask for." I gave them a huge smile, and they all gave me a huge group hug. 

**COMMENT & VOTE***