Gilbert Blythe | I Just Miss You

Requested by: butterflyht

———————————————————————

"You can't say a word, Y/N. Since you were young you always got yourself in a bit of trouble." Gilbert laughed as he shook his head at you.

You and Gilbert have been best friends since you were young. You practically grew up together. Your families were friends so they were always over and you and Gilbert had taken a liking to one another.

"I know." You laughed.

"But it wasn't my fault!" You defended yourself.

"Alright." He said as he shook his head, just agreeing with you even though he knew it was your fault.

"Gilbert, what do you suppose I do on my birthday?" You asked the boy.

"Ah, I think that you would love doing something like a picnic gathering." He suggested.

"That's the perfect idea! Thank you so much, Gil!" You kisses his cheek and thanked him for the idea.

Little did you know that the boy was blushing a lot.

"I have to hurry home. We are having tea with the Cuthberts and Anne will be there." You were as excited as ever.

Ever since Anne came to town you both became the best of friends. She had been here for about a week or so and you loved talking with her.

Gilbert's smile on his face dropped almost immediately, "A-Alright, have fun then." He waved goodbye as you two departed.

You were extremely excited for tea.

*

"Do you take sugar, Marilla?" My mother asked as she poured the tea in a cup.

"I do not, thank you." Marilla flashes a warm smile as she picked up her tea and sipped it.

"And you, Anne?"

"I'll take one, thank you." She replied.

"Oh, isn't this the most amazing tea party you've ever been to, Y/N?" She smiled brightly at you, excited as ever.

"Why, I believe so. We normally don't have this much as a tea party." You replied to your dear friend.

*

The tea party ended after an hour or two and you began to say your goodbyes to the Cuthberts. You were rather sad to see Anne go but you knew you'd see her at school tomorrow.

"Goodbye, Miss Cuthbert. It was a pleasure having you." You smiled at her.

"It was nice of you to have us." She smiled back.

"Oh, Y/N, the tea party was ever so divine. I hope we can do it again sometime soon. Maybe we could have the next at Green Gables?" She asked as she excitedly awaited your answer.

"Alright, we will have it there next tea." You agreed.

Before long they were off.

*

"Princess Cordelia was ever so pleased to have found her Prince Charming." Anne spun around the room.

"Princess Cordelia, will you ever take my hand?" You smiled brightly as you played the prince.

"Why, of course. I can only hope that your hand holds all the love I will ever needs. The most divine love anyone could ever imagine." She took your hand and you smiled brightly at her.

"Princess Cordelia-" then you immediately stopped mid-sentence.

"What's the matter, Y/N?" She asked as she stepped out of character.

"What time is it?" You asked hurriedly as you had just realized the time.

"It's an hour past noon." She looked at me confused as she waited for my reply.

"Oh no! I'm very sorry, Anne! I have to go!" You hurriedly ran down the stairs and over to the coat rack.

"Whatever's the matter, Y/N?" Marilla asked as she watched you practically run down the stairs.

"I have forgotten about going to the woods to meet Gilbert. I'm very late. I'm sorry, Miss Cuthbert, but I have to go!" You said before rushing out the door and running towards the woods.

It felt as if you were running so slowly. You were already really late and now even slowly then before due to your running being so slow.

Finally you stopped when you saw Gilbert leaning against a tree with his back turned to you.

You were over an hour late. How awful..

"Gilbert-" you were quickly cut off as he tuned around looking quite upset.

"Where were you? I waited for you!" He shouts quite upset.

"Gilbert, I'm so sorry. I truly didn't mean to be late! I was with Anne-"

"Anne?"

"Why were you with her again? You saw her yesterday!" He yells out of frustration as he starts walking towards you.

"We were talking and I lost track of time!" You felt really guilty for forgetting about hanging out with him that day.

"I'm so sorr-"

"You're always late, Y/N!" He shouts.

"Ever since she got here you're never with me! You're always with her and now you barely talk to me!" He shouts as he stood in front of me now.

"She's my friend! I want to hang out with her sometimes!"

"Well, what about me? It was always me and you! What about now.." he quiets down a bit at the end.

"Gilbert, you're still me friend. I'm sorry for being late. Truly, I am.."

"Why are you always with Anne? It's always her and you barely talk to me anymore!" He yells as his voice cracks.

"Why do you care so much?" You shout, clearly getting upset as well.

"Because I love you!" He shouts before it getting completely silent.

You were shocked and were frozen and he was really upset. You felt terrible for him. But you were completely shocked by his words.

"Gilbert-"

"I love you and I hate that I get so upset over everything that involves you. I always want you to be with me. And I can't stand how you've been distancing yourself from me.." He clenched his jaw as he watched you carefully for my reaction and reply.

"Gilbert.. why didn't you tell me this sooner?" You asked.

"Because I couldn't. I was lying to myself about how I felt." He tucked a strand of hair behind your ear as he watched your facial expressions.

"I wish you would've told me sooner. Because I feel just the same." You smiled as the boy as you watched his smile grow almost ear to ear.

"I'm glad." He whispered before pressing his lips onto yours.

"I'm so glad." He whispered on your lips.

And then was when Gilbert Blythe had finally confessed his love for you. And you will always remember this day.

———————————————————————

I hope you enjoyed this imagine!

I'm pretty sure that no one reads this parts so I'm just gonna cry in a corner because no one ever replies to this part.

It's okay because I'm already crying over the some people in the cast replying and talking to me a lot...